Accounts Receivable Specialist FT New Mexico Surgery Center Orthopaedics
New Mexico Surgery Center Orthopaedics is seeking a full time Accounts Receivable Specialist to join the team!
- Responsible for timely and accurate collection follow-up of all outstanding revenue.
- Must have an understanding of Revenue Cycle Management including but not limited to; Insurance Follow-up, Denial Management, and Appeals.
- Candidate must be a team player, and have the ability to communicate well both orally and in written communication.
- Knowledge of Healthcare Revenue Cycle including Registration, Billing, Insurance Verification, Prior Authorizations, etc.
- Ability to read and interpret a patient’s accounting ledger and determine appropriate Collections action needed.
- Verify proper reimbursement and allowable prior to following up on claims, working correspondence, or submitting appeals.
- Any and all collections attempts should be documented fully and concisely in AdvantX.
- Third party payers should be contacted at a minimum once per month. These collection attempts should be substantial conversations with payer representatives as opposed to just checking an online status or leaving voice mails.
- All claim rejections and appeals should be worked on a daily basis. Verification of EOB data and comparison to PAS for accuracy.
- Adherence to payer dispute processes is a must.
- All incoming correspondence (via phone and mail) should be worked within 1-2 business days.
- Knowledge of back-up needed for adjustments and refunds/credits.
- Knowledge of facility Managed Care contracts and reimbursement terms to include implants, CPT Codes, cosmetic cases, Self-Pay, Work Comp, etc.
- Must project a professional demeanor and appearance while maintaining the confidentiality of the surgery center and patients.
- Works well in stressful environment and in situations that demand patience.
- Projects and other duties as assigned.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- 5+ years previous experience in ASC or Hospital Collections, Billing/Payment Posting, etc.
- Basic knowledge of Medical terminology, CPT, ICD, HCPCs, modifiers, clean claims preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Knowledge of Microsoft Work, Outlook, and Excel.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.