Medical Records Clerk
• Works in collaboration with the Business Office Leadership to ensure medical records are maintained appropriately.
• Maintain and review patient records to ensure accuracy.
• Finalize charts, auditing for completion, scanning into records system, entering implant data, ensuring compliance and handling Medical Record requests.
• Responsible for filing all reports generated by outside vendors.
• Responsible for Obtaining Surgeon’s signature(s) on Operative Reports.
• Maintains log of outstanding Operative Reports.
• Assures that new physicians have transcription number and information.
• Effectively perform other duties as assigned.
• Knowledge of The Joint Commission Standards
• Ability to use time wisely in preparing work area to meet high-paced demand.
• Must be detail oriented.
• Must be able to communicate verbally and non-verbally in a professional manner.
• Must be able to adhere to financial and admitting policies.
• Must possess problem solving and decision making skills.
• Must demonstrate excellent phone etiquette and exceptional customer service skills.
• Maintain patient confidentiality at all times.
• High School Diploma or equivalent.
• Minimum 1-2 years of Medical Records experience required.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.