Scrub Tech Operating Room
Responsible for ensuring proper care and use of surgical instruments.
Anticipates the needs of the surgical team. Establishes and maintains sterile field during surgical procedures in the operating room.
- Performs specified functions to meet the requirements of each approved procedure
- Assembles supplies and equipment for scheduled procedures according to physicians’ preference cards
- Inspects equipment for proper working condition
- Follows principles of aseptic technique and prescribed operating/procedure room procedures
- Adheres to aseptic technique when opening sterile packages and preparing for the procedure
- Arranges instruments according to given procedure
- Confirms that instruments work properly
- Maintains availability of instruments and supplies to avoid delays
- Reports observed or suspected breaks in sterile technique and takes action according to policy
- Correctly uses, cares for, cleans, and sterilizes instruments, supplies, and equipment as directed
- Handles equipment and instruments correctly to provide appropriate availability and safety
- Assists in maintaining adequate supplies in the operating room for immediate access during procedure
- Assists in storing and stocking supplies as directed
- Maintains and updates instrument cards and surgeons’ preference cards
- Responds in a timely manner to meet the needs of the patient and physician
- Documents patient-care records and other forms according to facility policies and procedures
- Accurately advises others responsible for care of the patient about the patient’s status
- Assists with room turnover/room cleaning throughout the day for optimal patient flow
Cooperative work attitude toward co-employees, management, patients, visitors, and physicians. Ability to promote favorable facility image with physicians, patients and general public. Ability to make decisions and solve problems. Demonstrates ability to work as a team member and to communicate directly and professionally. Is flexible, reliable, productive, patient-oriented, and self-motivated. Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served. He/she is able to identify and categorize each patient’s age-specific grouping of needs, such as those for an adolescent, adult, or geriatric patient. Maintains professional conduct and appearance. Able to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions. Able to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
High School Diploma / GED; completion of a Scrub Technician Certification Program. One to two years operating room experience as a Scrub Tech in multiple specialties or an equivalent combination of education and experience. BLS Certification.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.