Registered Nurse- Operating Room- PRN
Under the direct supervision of the OR Coordinator and the OR Director, the RN is responsible for nursing activities related to the care of the patient experiencing an operative or other invasive procedure. The RN is a resource person and provides guidance to non-licensed personnel. The RN can expect to care for adult patients, including the older adult through geriatric and some pediatric patients.
Must have at least 1 year of OR experience.
- Assisting with equipment and processing of necessary tools
- Serving as a patient advocate and ensuring patient safety at all times
- Assisting the surgeon with invasive procedures
- Assisting with positioning the patient
- Monitoring the patient's condition throughout the entire surgical process and acting quickly to respond to any changes
- Maintaining the sterile field at all times
- Exhibiting skillful clinical judgment and assessment skills
- Other duties as assigned
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- Minimum of two (2) previous OR experience preferred. 1 year required.
- Current Texas Nursing License.
- Current CPR, ACLS certified. and PALS preferred
- Possess the ability to work independently and prioritize responsibilities.
- Possess the ability to deal tactfully with patients, families, physicians, and employees.
- Knowledgeable of hospital policies and procedures specific to operating room nurse.
- Clinically proficient in operating room nursing skills, demonstrating knowledge of the developmental needs of the pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric patient.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.