Registered Nurse - Pre-op/PACU - PRN - 11am-7pm
Under the direct supervision of the Pre-op/PACU Director. This nurse is responsible for implementing the Post Anesthesia Care record, nursing care plan and the assimilation of the patient’s hospital record. The nurse is also responsible for implementing all physician orders, providing for the continuity and quality nursing care for all patients, with continual evaluation of the patients’ condition, providing patient safety comfort, and privacy at all times. At times, assist the physicians in the procedure rooms with various tasks, conscious sedation and utilizing sterile technique as deemed appropriate.
Shift needed would be 11am-7pm.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- Minimum of two (2) years experience in a hospital setting.
- 2 years Critical Care experience preferred.
- Current Texas Nursing License.
- Current CPR, ACLS required. PALS required for FT, PRN 3, PRN 4 within 90 days of hire. PALS preferred for PRN 1 and PRN 2.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Good organization habits.
- Ability to adapt to change quickly, strong knowledge base relative to surgery procedures and management of the surgical patient.
- Understands principles of aseptic technique and their implementation.
- Ability to care for patients from infancy to geriatrics.
- Excellent teaching skills.
- Basic knowledge of continuous quality improvement ideology.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.