IV/PACU RN For Pain Management Center- PRN Shift
- Job ID 17606
- Date posted 07/31/2020
- Facility USPI
Optimum is a single-specialty pain management center that provides first-class surgical services for local communities and recognize our employees as our number one assets. As a PACU nurse at our facility, you have the opportunity to enjoy no calls, no weekends and no holidays.
The PRE-OP/PACU RN has the responsibility to plan, direct organize, coordinate and implement all nursing care services for the pre-op and post surgical patients in a manner consistent with our mission statement. Nurses work within both pre-op holding and a post-anesthesia care unit (formerly known as the recovery room), where patients are cared for and monitored as they recover from the effects of anesthesia and conscious sedation:
- Admits, transfers, and discharge of patients.
- Completes ongoing patient assessment and documents according to policy.
- Completes nursing assessment within 2 hours of admission or designated amount of time; designates reason for incompleteness. Reviews database and nutrition screen.
- Participates in the development of patient plan of care to include patient problems, goals, evaluations and interventions.
- Reports symptoms and significant changes in patient’s condition to appropriate personnel immediately.
- Assesses, collaborates and coordinates patient’s discharge planning needs and readiness for discharge with other members of the care team.
- Demonstrates appropriate application of age specific standards, policies and procedures and guidelines in caring for adolescent, adult, and geriatric patients.
- Demonstrates proficient IV setting skills.
- Follows age specific standards in administering medications based on patient’s age.
- Follows age specific standards of care during altered states of consciousness related to analgesia, conscious sedation or anesthesia.
The surgical site itself requires ongoing evaluation for potential bleeding or other pathological indications. The pre-op/pacu nurse is in charge of assessing the patient’s overall condition during the delicate post-anesthesia period, providing care and intervention as needed. Ability to advocate on behalf of the patient and communicate with other members of the surgical team is a MUST! Documentation and patient education are also components of this critical nursing discipline. In our outpatient surgical setting, it’s the pre-op/pacu nurse who instructs patients in self-care techniques following the procedure and critical post-care instruction in order to ensure the best outcomes for the patient
#USPI- RNRequired Skills:
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- Current Georgia Nursing License
- Current BLS and ACLS
- Minimum of 2 years experience in PACU or ICU
- Interdependent Partnering
- Good communication and human relations skills.
- Mastering Complexity
- Ability to organize and follow through on own initiative.
- Ability to master new skills.
- Thorough knowledge of all phases of perioperative process including knowledge of surgical procedures and anesthesia implications.
- Current nursing assessment and patient care skills.
- Telemetry experience necessary
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- Current license to practice nursing in the State of Ohio.
- CPR certified. ACLS certification is required within 6 months of employment if not currently certified.
- Critical Care or PACU experience preferred.
- Work environment
- Outpatient Surgery
- Physical demands (i.e. works on a computer, use of telephone, lifts up to 50 lbs.)
- Works on computer, uses telephone.
- Intermittent physical mobility/activity including walking, standing, sitting. Light lifting, pulling and pushing of carts, equipment, ect. Must be able to bend body downward at the waist, be able to kneel.
The above statements reflect the general outline considered necessary to describe the principle functions of this job. It shall not be construed as a detailed description of all work requirements of the position.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.