OR RN PART TIME
Hyde Park Surgery Center is a strong and established outpatient surgery center located in the heart of Austin, Texas. We have 3 operating rooms and specialize in Orthopedics, ENT, Spine and Pain Management.
If you thrive in a fast paced working environment with an energetic team then this is the place for you!
Hyde Park Surgery Center is a mission-driven organization that strives to be the finest surgical care provider in the Austin-area. We achieve this vision by treating each patient and their family as if they were our own. Each patient, each family, each and every time.
Weekdays only - no holidays, weekends, or call.
We are looking for caring, hard-working and enthusiastic self-starter to join our dynamic team of healthcare professionals! We are seeking an experienced Operating Room RN to join our clinical team on a PT shift status. We offer a variety of rewarding and challenging career opportunities with competitive salaries, great benefits and professional development opportunities. We are looking for a candidate to be PT status, however available M-F depending on the schedule. Float opportunities are available to supplement hours. There are opportunities to progress to FT with cross-training to other departments.
Assesses, plans, implements and evaluates care for all age patients in operating room. Provides care within nursing standards of practice and the policies of the Center. Makes decisions regarding direct patient care needs and communicates appropriate information to physicians, patients, family members, and personnel in other departments as well as team members. May have additional responsibilities as designated by the Nurse Manager of the Operating Room and/or Clinical Director, which include, but are not limited to, serving on committees, participating
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing.
- Preferred 2 years previous OR experience
- Preferred Orthopedic and ENT experience
- Current Texas License as a Registered Nurse
- Current in BLS, ACLS and PALS
- Possess the ability to work independently and prioritize responsibilities
- Possess the ability to deal tactfully with patients, families, physicians, and employees
- Knowledgeable of policies and procedures specific to operating room nurse
- Clinically proficient in operating room nursing skills, demonstrating knowledge of the development needs of the pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric patient
- Physically and emotionally capable of performing responsibilities of position
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.