OR Charge Nurse FT Advanced Surgery Center of Bethesda
GREAT OPPORTUNITY, GREAT BENEFITS, GREAT TEAM!
USPI Advanced Surgery Center of Bethesda is seeking a motivated OR Charge RN to join our team. Advanced Surgery Center of Bethesdais a fast paced ASC environment committed to producing the highest quality work and experience for patients and their families.
- Supervise the RN circulator and direct the OR team as needed.
- Assists in coordination of daily case scheduling in the O.R. with other staff to ensure schedule will flow smoothly (O.R. & X-Ray).
- Prepares monthly call schedules.
- Prepare, coordinate and perform monthly O.R. staff meetings for all OR, radiology, and anesthesia techs.
- Communicate effectively with physicians to resolve issues and provide efficiency and smooth case flow.
- Orders instruments and equipment for cases.
- Coordinate inventory quarterly in all areas of the OR
- Assists with OR education by coordinating and/or giving in-services.
- Prepare schedules in the afternoon for next day.
- Supervise the evening shift which includes coordination of the staff for case completions of the day and setting up for the next day. This also includes Radiology.
- Communicate with physicians to resolve equipment or instrument issues by coordinating ordering or getting repairs done.
- Communicate with vendors and representatives for supplies, equipment or instruments that are needed for cases.
- Works closely with Materials and Sterile Processing Dept to coordinate supplies & instrument needs.
- Preparing and administering annual evaluations
- Works closely with manager with hiring and orienting OR staff members
- Helps in revising and preparing policies that relate to O.R. functions
- Assistance in maintaining compliance for Joint Commission surveys
- Enters company data collections and observations with company EDGE
- MIDAS data entry.
- Enters data into Kronos time keeping program
- Assistance with staff counseling as necessary
- Coordinates and assists in Performance Improvement Projects.
- Graduate of accredited school or professional nursing.
- Baccalaureate degree preferred or work related experience.
- Three (3) years experience in surgery.
- Current Texas RN License
- BLS, ACLS and PALS required
- CNOR preferred
- Independent decision making skills.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects.
- Excellent communication skills with staff, physicians, patients, families and vendors.
- Knowledgeable of hospital policies and procedures specific to the operating room.
- Clinically proficient in OR nursing skills, demonstrating knowledge of the developmental needs of the pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric patients.
USPI complies with federal, state, and/or local laws regarding mandatory vaccination of its workforce. If you are offered this position and must be vaccinated under any applicable law, you will be required to show proof of full vaccination or obtain an approval of a religious or medical exemption prior to your start date. If you receive an exemption from the vaccination requirement, you will be required to submit to regular testing in accordance with the law.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.