Business Office Float
Under the direction of the Business Office Manager, is responsible for covering any aspect of the business office necessary. Many duties includes scheduling, insurance verification, financial counseling, patient registration, taking patient calls, scanning charts, chart audits, filing, assisting in any additional duties requested by Business Office Manager. Successful candidate will possess outstanding multi-tasking abilities, communication and teamwork as well as the ability to keep up in a fast paced working environment. The successful candidate should be able to demonstrate previous successful/positive customer service encounters or programs.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Verifies insurance prior to patient's arrival, to include "Add On's"
- Obtains pre-certification from insurance companies for procedures that require pre-certification.
- Requests office notes from referring physician if needed for Authorization.
- Calculating and Informing patients of amount due
- Communicating with doctors offices
- Ensures all required forms are placed in designated areas of the patients chart
- Daily preparation of charts for next day's surgeries within required deadline
- Labeling necessary documents and adding physician orders
- Out-bound collection calls to patients regarding their medical invoice/bill answering questions and setting up payment/payment plans.
- Utilization of various collection strategies and methodologies to contact consumers in order to negotiate payment in full or payment arrangements on debt within federal, state and client collection guidelines and laws.
- Knowledge of health care financing and Medical Collections preferred.
- Other duties as assigned and will be discussed at interview and upon hire. BENEFITS Our competitive salary and benefits package includes medical and dental insurance, 401(k), paid time off and life insurance for eligible full-time employees.
- Medical business office experience is required
- Must be able to communicate verbally and non-verbally in a professional way.
- Ability to use time wisely in preparing work area to meet high-paced demand.
- Show a genuine desire to work and improve the business as a whole.
- Extreme multi- tasker.
- Strong medical terminology.
- Must demonstrate excellent phone etiquette and exceptional customer service skills.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.