Radiology Tech PRN Surgery Center of Boerne
USPI Surgery Center of Boerne is seeking a motivated Radiology Tech to join our team. Situated just north of San Antonio, Surgery Center of Boerne is a multi-specialty facility with 3 O.R.'s and 2 Procedure Rooms. Ideal candidate will be focused on excellent customer service, have the ability to multi-task, the ability to show flexibility in assignments, maintain scrupulous infection control standards, maintain professional competencies and have the ability to work as part of an interdependent multidisciplinary team. Position requires weekdays only -- no holidays, weekends, or call. Some later evenings required. Competitive salary and benefits for the right candidate.
- Perform the described duties in the Operating Room/Procedure Room area and demonstrate competency in the following: orthopedic radiology, pediatric radiology, cholangiography, etc.
- Perform a variety of technical tasks involved in operating x ray equipment to make radiographs of designated portions of the body as specified by physician; adjust equipment for proper exposure, voltage and current in accordance with prescribed radiation safety procedures.
- Monitor accessory equipment and assist attending physician with fluoroscopic examinations and special radiographic studies.
- Record amount and type of film exposed; label film with identifying information; sort as required.
- Consult with radiation safety officer to ensure compliance with established standards of quality.
- Graduate of an accredited program in Radiological Technology.
- AART Registered and CPR Current.
- Knowledgeable of local, state, federal and Joint Commission Regulations.
- Must possess independent decision making skills.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects.
- Excellent communication skills with the staff, physicians, patients and families.
- Must be able to communicate verbally and non-verbally in a professional way.
USPI complies with federal, state, and/or local laws regarding mandatory vaccination of its workforce. If you are offered this position and must be vaccinated under any applicable law, you will be required to show proof of full vaccination or obtain an approval of a religious or medical exemption prior to your start date. If you receive an exemption from the vaccination requirement, you will be required to submit to regular testing in accordance with the law.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.