RN Perioperative Nurse FT Summit ASC Brandywine
**$5000 Sign On Bonus**
Chesapeake Urology, a United Urology Group affiliate, is the largest urology practice in the Mid-Atlantic region and a repeat “Best Places to Work” winner. Chesapeake Urology has over 100 providers, including more than 86 physicians and a team of Advanced Practice Providers in 25 medical offices and 17 AAAHC-accredited ambulatory surgery centers throughout Maryland and Delaware. Our integrated approach to urologic care provides patients with access to experienced specialists, a comprehensive support team of healthcare professionals, innovative diagnostic tools, highly advanced treatments and therapies, as well as clinical trials.
Chesapeake Urology offers competitive salary and benefits packages with a great working environment. To view a full list of our benefits, please visit https://www.chesapeakeurology.com/careers/benefits/.
We are seeking an outstanding Full-Time Perioperative Registered Nurse (10-hour shifts) for our surgery center located in Brandywine, MD. The Registered Nurse will provide clinical coverage for ASC, local procedures, IV sedation, assisting physicians by circulating in ASC Surgical cases and/or Pre-Op / PACU. Excellent working environment, great staff, competitive salary, and free parking offered. Plus, you DO NOT have to work nights, weekends, holidays or take call.
Under the supervision of Surgeons and the Regional Director of Nursing, the Staff Nurse is responsible for the clinical operation of the Ambulatory Surgery Center.
- Coordinates and directs all paperwork and medical records for surgical patients, including consents and other required releases, informed consent, etc.
- Directs patient intake and discharge. Ensure patient is given full details of the procedure to be performed. At discharge, provides the patient with full written discharge orders according to Summit Ambulatory Surgery Centers designated protocols.
- Hand instruments and supplies to surgeons and surgeons' assistants, hold retractors and cut sutures, and perform other tasks as directed by surgeon during operation.
- Prepare patients for surgery, including positioning patients on the operating table and covering them with sterile surgical drapes to prevent exposure.
- Monitor and continually assess operating room conditions, including patient and surgical team needs.
- Monitor, record and report symptoms and changes in patients' conditions.
- Maintains all medical equipment, verifying that routine and periodic maintenance procedures are performed and logged for all corporate locations.
- Perform other clinical and office duties as assigned by manager.
Bachelors Degree in Nursing or lesser degree and commensurate experience.
- Current licensure as a Registered Nurse in Maryland.
- Minimum of one year of experience as a Registered Nurse in a general operating room.
- CPR and ACLS certification is required.
United Urology Group complies with federal, state, and/or local laws regarding mandatory vaccination of its workforce. If you are offered this position and must be vaccinated under any applicable law, you will be required to show proof of full vaccination or obtain an approval of a religious or medical exemption prior to your start date.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.