Pharmacist- PRN- Arizona Speciality Hospital
The Pharmacist is responsible for upholding regulatory compliance of pharmacy services for the facility. This position establishes effective working relationships with all constituencies including patients, physicians, employees, volunteers and vendors. The Pharmacist collaborates with medical staff regarding prescriptive issues and therapy recommendations.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Reviews patient medication history for allergies and drug interactions including the processes of drug procurement, dispensing, monitoring, as well as the provision of drug information to the associated professional staff.
- Assures the accurate and timely dispensing and distribution of all pharmaceuticals.
- Monitors drug therapy as ordered by the medical staff; suggests alternate drug therapy when appropriate.
- Advised patients when called upon on use of medications including dosage, administration schedules, and side effects.
- Degree from an accredited college of Pharmacy
- 1 – 3 years experience as a Pharmacist, hospital setting preferred
- Current Arizona State Board of Pharmacy Pharmacist license in good standing
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, in English
- Ability to effectively manage pharmacy techs
- Must have the availability to cover afternoons/evenings Monday thru Friday, with the occasional Saturday.
- Must know Cerner and Pyxis.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.