ARIZONA SPECIALTY HOSPITAL IN CHANDLER ARIZONA
IS IN NEED OF THE FOLLOWING PPOSITION-
With 1-3 years Supervisory Experience
The manager of Pharmacy is responsible for all department functions in support of the hospital mission, vision, and facility goals. The Manager identifies the cost-effective systems needed to support the business of the department. This position is responsible for daily operations, personnel management and regulatory compliance of pharmacy services for the facility. This position establishes effective working relationships with all constituencies including patients, physicians, employees, and vendors. The Manager collaborates with medical staff regarding prescriptive issues and therapy recommendations.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinates and supervises department operation.
- Develops and maintains pharmacy services in accordance with State and Federal regulations, accepted standards, professional practices and hospital policies.
- Completes annual performance reviews on all associates in a timely manner.
- Assists administration with the annual budget and submits capital expenditures requests per policy.
- Reviews and revises Policy and Procedure manual annually.
- Initiates and implements Quality Improvement for the department.
- Selects, orientates, supervises, instructs and dismisses departmental personnel.
- Responsible for the planning, supervision, coordination and successful execution of all activities related to the pharmacy’s operations.
- Supervises departmental personnel including, hiring, orientation, determining workload and delegating assignments, training, monitoring, scheduling and evaluating performance, and initiative corrective and disciplinary actions.
- Prepares and dispenses medicines, chemicals and pharmaceutical preparations according to written orders by authorized medical practitioners with clinical privileges.
- Acts as liaison with all vendors.
- Facilitates the Hospital Pharmacy and Therapeutics Committee meetings
Supervises: Pharmacy Techs
Contacts/Interacts with: Nursing staff, physicians, CNO, patients, others as needed.
Suggested Promotion From: N/A
Suggested Promotion To: No direct path
Competencies and responsibilities associated with each position are a combination of hospital wide and department specific standards. The department specific standards include the competencies appropriate to the ages of the customer served. The employee’s competencies are evaluated on an on-going basis, and formally documented at least annually as part of the Performance Appraisal process.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.