Scrub Tech - PRN - Arizona Specialty Hospital
Arizona Specialty Hospital, 2905 West Warner Road Chandler, AZ, is in a need of a PRN Surgical Scrub Tech
Under the supervision of the OR Manager and OR charge nurse, the Surgical Tech will:
- Be responsible for providing surgical scrub on all types of minor and major surgical procedures dependent on individual competence.
- Ensure sterility of all supplies and instruments during set up of surgical procedures.
- Assist circulating nurse and surgical team in maintaining sterile environment.
- Assist circulating nurse in gathering necessary surgical supplies and equipment. Is responsible for doing sponge, needle, and instrument count pre-operatively and intra-operative with the circulating nurse.
- Gown and glove surgeons and assistants.
- Assist in keeping physician preference cards accurate/updated.
- Retain all specimens to be sent to pathology, confirming source/name of specimen with surgeon.
- Transport all surgical equipment to appropriate cleaning areas. Assist in sterile supply with cleaning and reprocessing of instrument sets as needed..
- Interact appropriately and effectively with all patients/others regardless of age or ethnic background.
- Use Standard Universal Precautions, appropriate hand hygiene, personal protective equipment, and safe practices to ensure personal safety and a safe environment.
- Assist with environmental hazard and infection control surveillance and participates in emergency preparedness drills.
- Follow all equipment and safety guidelines and is responsible for knowledgeable use and care of equipment.
- Serve as a resource to other members of the health care team.
- Attend in-services, conferences, and meetings as required.
- Communicate effectively and courteously with visitors, physicians, and their office staffs, patients, and employees. Maintain patient, physician, and employee privacy and confidentiality per policy.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.