SPD -Sterile Processing Tech - PRN- Arizona Specialty Hospital
AZSH Arizona Specialty Hospital, 2905 West Warner Road, Chandler, AZ, has a need for a Sterile Processing Tech SPD
- Previous SPD experience including knowledge of surgical instrumentation, patient related devices, materials and equipment, aseptic and sterilization techniques.
- Coordinates and implements AMI standards for the sterilization of instruments and supplies.
- Coordinates the availability of instruments/supplies for cases as needed.
- Assures the adequate functioning and cleaning of all autoclaves and other sterilization/cleaning equipment.
- Maintains adequate supplies needed for sterilization process.
- Maintains complete and accurate documentation.
- Facilitates turnover times to promote operating room efficiency.
- Uses Standard Universal Precautions, appropriate hand hygiene, personal protective equipment, and safe practices to ensure personal safety and a safe environment.
- Assists with environmental hazard and infection control surveillance, and participates in emergency preparedness drills.
- Follows all equipment and safety guidelines, and is personally responsible for knowledgeable use and care of equipment.
- Performs tests and maintains records for biological monitoring, courier assistance and minor maintenance.
- Interacts appropriately and effectively with all staff and physicians regardless of age or ethnic background.
Serves as a resource to other members of the health care team and complete and accurate documentation.
- High school graduate or equivalent. BLS required.
- Must acquire and maintain certification within the first year of employment and maintain the certification throughout AZSH employment.
- Experience with all types of sterilizers preferred.
- Comprehensive knowledge of OR instrumentation
- Ability to set up operating room instrument tray
Knowledge of and ability to operate operation of steam/gravity sterilizer, Steris, washer sterilizer, and ultrasound unit.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.