Receptionist/Precollect Coordinator Full Time
Front Desk Coordinator/Receptionist/Precollect Specialist needed for busy, Neurosurgery/Pain Management ASC in Cincinnati.
Mayfield Spine Surgery Center is the region’s premier center for minimally invasive and outpatient spine surgery and provides the tri-state area with local access to world-class spine experts in a convenient location. The collaborative team at the surgery center provides free-standing outpatient spine surgery in a center that is one of the first of its kind in the Midwest. Since opening in 2007, more than 20,000 surgeries and procedures have been performed at the Center by the region’s most experienced spine specialists. Our clinical outcomes and our surgeon and patient satisfaction stand above the rest. In fact, 99.8% of our patients are likely to recommend Mayfield Spine Surgery Center to their family and friends.
Mayfield Spine Surgery Center is a partnership between Mayfield Clinic and United Surgical Partners, Inc. (USPI). USPI is a leading developer, owner and operator of short stay surgical facilities nationwide. USPI provides first-class surgical services for local communities throughout U.S. and recognizes our employees are our number one assets.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Front Desk Coordinator with experience in Admissions processes needed for busy Ambulatory Surgery Center in Cincinnati, OH. Also contacting patients to verify insurance coverage and benefits. Will discuss and collect deductible, copay, or coinsurance due for upcoming procedure with patients by phone.
United Surgical Partners International is a company that specializes in the development and operation of Ambulatory Surgical Facilities in the U.S. and the UK. We provide first-class surgical services for local communities and recognize our employees as our number one assets.
The Front Desk Coordinator key responsibilities are as follows:
- Oversees the entire function and performance of the front desk.
- Answer and direct telephone calls. Take and deliver messages to the appropriate area or individuals.
- Greet patients, patient family members and visitors following AIDET guidelines.
- Assist new patients, when necessary; update all patient information such as telephone number, address, insurance data, etc., to ensure a complete and accurate patient record.
- Pre-register new patients and enter data into patient information system.
- Distribute incoming mail.
- Liaison between recovery rooms, operating rooms and waiting room. Offer appropriate information and services to waiting patients and their families.
- Contact patients to discuss estimated patient responsibility and explain benefits to patients.
- Collect pre-collect payments prior to procedure.
- Collect up-front collections or deductibles and co-insurance from patients.
- Maintain patient confidentiality standards.
- Operate computer with various software packages, copy machine, fax machine and other business machines.
- Order and maintain office supplies facility.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Key Skills required:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to organize and follow through on own initiative
- Proficient in Microsoft Office or there software programs as determined by management.
- Operation of office equipment such as copier/fax/scanner and telephone system.
High school graduate or equivalent.
One year previous experience or some medical-clerical experience or medical terminology preferred.
Experience with pre-certifications, insurance carriers, and scheduling procedures a plus.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.