PRN Scrub Tech
We are currently searching for a PRN Surgical Scrub Tech to join our team. Enjoy weekends off, with no holidays or call!
The main role of the Surgical Scrub Tech is to anticipate the needs of the surgical team; establish and maintains sterile field during surgical procedures in the operating room.
- Ensures sterility of all supplies and instruments during set up of surgical procedures.
- Assists circulating nurse and surgical team in maintaining sterile environment.
- Assists circulating nurse in gathering necessary surgical supplies and equipment. Is responsible for doing sponge, needle, and instrument count pre-operatively and intra-operative with the circulating nurse.
- Gowns and gloves surgeons and assistants.
- Assists in keeping physician preference cards accurate/updated.
- Retains all specimens to be sent to pathology, confirming source/name of specimen with surgeon.
- Transports all surgical equipment to appropriate cleaning areas. Assists in sterile supply with cleaning and reprocessing of instrument sets.
- Interacts appropriately and effectively with all patients/others regardless of age or ethnic background.
- Uses Standard Universal Precautions, appropriate hand hygiene, personal protective equipment, and safe practices to ensure personal safety and a safe environment.
- Assists with environmental hazard and infection control surveillance and participates in emergency preparedness drills.
- Follows all equipment and safety guidelines and is responsible for knowledgeable use and care of equipment.
- Serves as a resource to other members of the health care team.
- Attends in-services, conferences, and meetings as required.
- Communicates effectively and courteously with visitors, physicians, and their office staffs, patients, and employees. Maintains patient, physician, and employee privacy and confidentiality per policy.
- Maintains designated certifications such as CPR, as offered by the center.
- Acts in accordance with the vision, mission, and business philosophy of the Center.
- Complies with Policies and Procedures, and adheres to safety guidelines to ensure a safe work and patient care environment. Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual shall be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- High school graduate or equivalent
- 1 year of multispecialty surgical scrub tech experience
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.