Pre-Anesthesia Testing Center RN - Part-time
$7,500 Hiring Bonus!
The PAT-C RN is responsible for both calling and interviewing patients face to face to gain information about the patient’s past and current medical conditions. The RN in this role ensures all necessary records, results and studies are gathered and are on the chart for review. The RN will review the patient chart for any deficits that may prevent the patient from having surgery and work with necessary personnel to resolve the issue. The RN provides the patient with preoperative instructions in advance of surgery. The RN may have additional responsibilities as designated by the manager, which include, but are not limited to, serving on committees, participating in quality improvement audits, and projects.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Follows policies, procedures, goals, and objectives for nursing care according to accepted standards.
- Plans, implements, and evaluates pre- and post-operative nursing care for patients based on individual, specific patient needs, and according to physician’s orders.
- Remains calm and functions as a team member during times of stress and crisis situations.
- Stamina to withstand a stressful and fast paced environment. Good Memory, patient and tactful with ability to both listen and direct a conversation.
- Must possess and demonstrate strong critical thinking skills.
- Ability to comprehend policies, procedures, patient records, physician’s orders, procedures, and guidelines.
- Strong interpersonal skills are necessary.
- Above average computer and typing skills are required.
- Must have pleasing tone of voice and speak clearly and distinctly.
- Seeks involvement in activities that promote professional growth and behavior.
- Actively participates in appropriate committees as assigned.
- Follows OSHA and other standards for protection against blood borne pathogens.
- Uses good body mechanics.
- Informs management of applicable day-to-day situations.
- Follows employee health and other personnel and staffing policies.
- Knows and adheres to policies of the Dunes Surgical Hospital and demonstrates fiscal responsibility.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Please note that this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for their job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, COMPETENCIES, QUALIFICATIONS and EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be a graduate of accredited college or university.
- Registered Professional Nurse with current state licensure.
- At least one year of acute care medical/surgical nursing experience in the last 3-5 years, preferred. Some clinical nursing experience is also preferred.
- BLS certification
- Ability to demonstrate clinical competency, leadership, and teaching capabilities.
- Will be required to sit for extended periods of time with occasional bending, stooping, and reaching.
- Will be required to lift patients frequently requiring the ability to lift 100 pounds.
- Must be able to exert at least 50 pounds of force to assist with patient transports.
- Must possess and demonstrate critical thinking skills.
- Dexterity: Frequent repetitive motion of hands/wrist involved.
- Will be working in a clean, well-lighted area.
- May be required to deal with unpleasant environmental situations resulting from patient care or patient activity.
- Hazards and Risks: Direct patient contact with possible exposure to communicable diseases, exposure to radiation, anesthetic scavenger gases, and CRT.
USPI’S EDGE™ (Every Day Giving Excellence)
USPI’S EDGE™ is the key to the differentiation of USPI as a customer-focused company. The process of completing EDGE™ requirements establishes processes and measurements that are collected, assimilated, and shared throughout USPI. All employees are involved with EDGE™. The involvement can range from doing their jobs to taking on the role of gathering and/or entering data into the computer. All employees shall at some time during their employment be required to participate in the EDGE™ program.
HEALTH INSURANCE PORTABILITY AND ACCOUNTABILITY ACT OF 1996
Responsible for knowing the processes involved assuring the standards established by HIPAA, and ensuring they are followed including the practices and records relating to the use and disclosure of Protected Health Information.
WORK AUTHORIZATION/SECURITY CLEARANCE
Must be authorized to work in the United States.
Dunes Surgical Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.