Bariatric Program Coordinator - Baylor Scott & White Medical Center Uptown
Baylor Scott & White Medical Center – Uptown is a joint venture surgical hospital between Baylor Scott & White Health (BSWH), United Surgical Partners International (USPI), and local physicians. Baylor Scott & White Medical Center- Uptown provides a wide range of medical and surgical services for to the greater North Texas area across 8 ORs, 24 private Inpatient rooms, a full-service ED. The hospital specializes in both inpatient and outpatient procedures in Orthopedics, Joint Replacement, Spine, General, Bariatrics, Surgical Oncology, ENT, Reconstructive Surgery, and other surgical specialties.
Baylor Scott & White Medical Center - Uptown is a part of United Surgical Partners International (USPI). USPI owns and operates multiple surgical hospitals and ambulatory surgical care centers throughout the United States and London; with headquarter located in Addison, TX.
Baylor Scott & White Medical Center - Uptown is in a search to hire a Bariatric Program Coordinator.
The Bariatric Coordinator works with the MBSCR and MBS committee on our MBS program with strong emphasis on patient and staff education. The Coordinator will also assist the COE team with patient and staff education of the spine and joint programs.
These duties include but are not limited to:
- Education of hospital staff on the bariatric program, ensuring that the surgeon’s orders are being carried out and patients’ needs are being met
- Education of bariatric patients through a pre op class and/or rounding
- Serves as the contact personnel for patients/ families in the Bariatric service line throughout the length of the patient’s hospital stay.
- Review and update clinical and educational pathways and protocols annually as needed
- Conduct mandatory quarterly MBS committee meetings.
- Work closely with MBSCR on data management and sharing data with MBS committee
- Ensure standards compliance and readiness for re-certifications
- Oversight of yearly quality improvement Bariatric initiative
- Coordination and management of monthly support groups
- Works with the COE team in identification of opportunities for continuous quality improvement in order to better serve the patient, family and healthcare system to improve the quality of service provided in all programs.
Assist the COE team with Joint and Spine pre op education and if needed, survey readiness.
- Participate in admission, discharge and direct patient care when necessary
- Other duties as assigned.
- RN with bariatric experience preferred
- Current RN license
- Minimum of two years of experience in an acute hospital setting
- BLS /ACLS/ PALS
- Ability to work independently with strong decision making skills.
- Good organization skills with the ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects.
- Excellent communication skills with patients, staff and physicians.
- Ability to adapt to change quickly,
- Ability to identify opportunities for improvement and develop appropriate plans of action to move the facility ahead in its goals
- Excellent teaching skills
Basic knowledge of Quality Improvement ideology.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.