Business Office Float - Surgery Center (PRN)
NORTH TEXAS SURGERY CENTER - DESOTO, TX
Under the direction of the Business Office Manager, the Business Office Assistant is responsible for covering any aspect of the business office necessary. Primary duties include: Patient Registration/Admissions, chart prep building, scanning and coordination of medical records. Other duties include scheduling of surgeries, insurance verification, financial counseling w/patient collection calls.
Successful candidate will possess outstanding multi-tasking+ abilities, communication and teamwork as well as the ability to keep up in a fast paced working environment. The successful candidate should be able to demonstrate previous successful/positive customer service encounters or programs.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Admit patients and process paperwork; updates demographics/info in patient accounting system, makes copies of ID and Insurance Card(s), collects money due
- Daily preparation of charts for next day’s surgeries within required deadline (NO LESS than 5 days prior to surgery, for all cases scheduled five days or more in advance of surgery date)
- Labeling necessary documents and adding physician orders
- Ensures all required forms are placed in designated areas of the patients chart
- Understands insurance verification and managed care contract reimbursement. Verifies insurance prior to patient’s arrival, to include "Add Ons and Direct Admits"
- Obtains pre-certification from insurance companies for procedures that require pre-certification when needed. Requests office notes from referring physician if needed for Authorization. Calculating and Informing patients of amount due
- Communicating with the Dr. Offices
- Out-bound collection calls to patients regarding their medical invoice/bill answering questions and setting up payment/payment plans.
- Utilization of various collection strategies and methodologies to contact consumers in order to negotiate payment in full or payment arrangements on debt within federal, state and client collection guidelines and laws.
- Knowledge of health care financing and Medical Collections preferred.
- Other duties may include surgery schedule coordination and miscellaneous clerical duties assigned by department manager
Position can turn into a FT job after 90 day review and if Center gets busy.
- Bilingual a must (Spanish/English)
- Minimum 2-4 years of healthcare medical office experience preferred.
- Strong knowledge of Insurance Verification and surgery scheduling
- Must be able to communicate verbally and non-verbally in a professional way.
- Ability to use time wisely in preparing work area to meet high-paced demand.
- Show a genuine desire to work and improve the center as a whole.
- Understanding of medical terminology.
- Strong computer skills, including the use of 10-key data entry and ability to scan charts.
- Must demonstrate excellent phone etiquette and exceptional customer service skills.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.