Cash Applications Manager
The Cash Applications Manager oversees the overall policies, objectives, and initiatives for the Cash Applications Team. They will review, design, and implement processes surrounding payment posting, refunds, adjustments and other financial analyses to ensure successful revenue cycle management. The Cash Applications Manager will mentor staff, provide coaching, direction, instruction, guidance and build team spirit. This role is responsible for coordinating coverage, implementing new ideas and providing training to new employees or process training for existing employees.
- Develops, Implements, and Serves as the ‘Champion’ for Best Practices for the Cash Applications Team.
- Must be able to analyze and interpret EOB’s at an expert level.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of the cash applications work functions, implements changes to policies, procedures and systems as appropriate.
- Implements management practices that are motivating and mentoring.
- Ensures compliance with state and federal laws and regulations.
- Maintains thorough understanding of health insurance and government programs, when necessary.
- Facilitates the identification of variances and solutions by team members related to delays in posting.
- Completes Q/A reviews to identify department training needs for system education, industry updates and changes in cash applications processes and protocols.
- Oversee daily posting duties of the Cash Applications Team.
- Ensures a 99% accuracy ratio.
- Ensures all Clients balance 100% to Deposit Log and Software.
- Ensures adjustments, transfers to collections, and refunds are completed.
- Ensures Daily Statements Uploads to Clearinghouse are completed.
- Ensures monthly collections lists are uploaded for all centers.
- Ensures Primary EOB’s are placed in the appropriate secondary folder.
- Assists with balancing Center’s numbers weekly.
- Assists Director of Client Services during End of Month to ensure all centers are current, posted and balanced on the deposit log and with the Center.
- Go over current progress or issues that need to be addressed.
- Provides suggestions or ideas on how we can improve processes and become more efficient.
- Provides daily communication when issues arise.
- Completes End of Month preparation.
- Coordinates payment posting coverage to centers as assigned.
- (3+) years’ experience with the following:
- Hands-on knowledge and experience of cash applications functions, credit balance resolution, refund processing and daily cash deposit/posting reconciliation
- Hands-on knowledge of Medicare, Medicaid, Medicaid CMO, Commercial, Managed Care billing regulations
- Understanding of Revenue Cycle Processes, cause and effect on A/R and cash results.
- Ability to extract and analyze data, provide recommendations and insight to NSN leadership and clients.
- Ability to lead, manage projects and staff to achieve goals.
- Understanding of system and business processes, as well as healthcare financial issues.
- Experienced in examining and reengineering operations and procedures. Able to identify and implement solutions.
- Strong technological understanding and appreciation for the automation of all functions related to the revenue cycle, and the engagement of the customer in that automated process. Experience working collaboratively with IT will be important.
- Required to meet critical deadlines.
- Desire to motivate, inspire positive outcomes and deliver excellent results.
- Sound judgement and strong skills with respect to interpersonal relations, critical thinking, problem solving and analysis.
- The ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with internal and external clients.
- Work independently to identify and resolve complex client problems.
- Be able to multi-task and handle competing priorities while meeting or exceeding deadlines.
- Must be proficient in computer skills necessary to perform job duties and must have strong knowledge of computerized billing systems. Intermediate knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Outlook.
- Must possess positive attitude to enhance a cooperative and energetic work environment.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.