Director of Service Delivery RCM (Hospital)
The Director of Service Delivery serves as a strategic leader and resource for assigned Hospital Clients, and Regional Market Leadership; serves as the liaison between USPI Revenue Cycle Services, Regional Market Leadership and the HospitalClient; and continuously drives revenue cycle metrics to improve the Client’s and Market’s revenue results.
The position is responsible for providing strategic leadership to the Business Office Operations of the Hospital Client in all areas relating to revenue cycle management, including advising and developing Business Office leadership; defining tactical objectives and process improvement initiatives; executing training and development of Business Office staff; and providing analytical review combined with measurement tools to ensure success.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Provides direction and development support to Client’s Business Office leadership to ensure Client’s strategic objectives are met along with all key Revenue Cycle performance metrics.
• Partners with Client’s management team and appropriate stakeholders to perform detailed reviews of revenue cycle and operational metrics.
• Facilitates regular scheduled meetings to report performance, concerns, training, and improvement plans with key stakeholders.
• Delivers ongoing training and development support to Client’s Business Office leadership and staff.
• Engages with the Client, Regional, and National USPI Leadership to meet, and preferably exceed, performance goals.
• Participates in and represents USPI’s Revenue Cycle operations in market based leadership forums, including physician and health system partner meetings.
• Challenges the best practices and seeks opportunities to drive process improvements.
•Leadership - Strong communication and leadership skills, while acting as a rolemodel and coaching team members in USPI core values.
•Interpersonal Skills – The ability to establish oneself as a trusted partner forcounterparts; to effectively communicate and engage with all stakeholders of theorganization, including physician and health system partners.
•Business Acumen – Effective communication (listening, written and verbal),problem solving, negotiation, positively influencing others, decision making, andtime management.
• Change Management – The ability to help counterparts through difficult transitions to a new process, workflow, or situation.
• Motivation/Drive – Demonstrates a desire for continuous learning. Self-starting and going beyond what is asked to take on new challenges and create innovative solutions.
• Analytical Skills – Expertise with advanced MS Excel functions; demonstrated mathematical / analytical aptitude; ability sufficient to work in a data-heavy environment and to identify trends.
• Adaptability/Flexibility - Ability to handle multiple tasks, meet deadlines, and redirect when necessary to best serve the Client.
Employee should demonstrate the ability to work as a team member among multiple departments. Employee must be able to communicate directly and professionally. This person is flexible, reliable, productive, and self-motivated, and maintains professional conduct and appearance. Employee will respect the confidentiality of patients, coworkers and center staff.
USPI’S EDGE™ (Every Day Giving Excellence) USPI’S EDGE™ is the key to the differentiation of USPI as a customer-focused company. The process of completing EDGE™ requirements establishes processes and measurements that are collected, assimilated, and shared throughout USPI. All employees are involved with EDGE™. The involvement can range from doing their jobs to taking on the role of gathering and/or entering data into the computer. All employees shall at some time during their employment be required to participate in the EDGE™ program.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent demonstrated academic achievement
- Minimum of 5 Years of Revenue Cycle Management experience.
- Minimum 2 years of management experience.
- Strong understanding of Revenue Cycle Operations within a hospital setting and/ or demonstrated, relevant knowledge.
- Proven success in project management roles, to include developing and implementing business initiatives.
- Understanding of the industry trends, market dynamics, and key performance indicators.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.