Hospital Compliance Officer - HPI Community Hospital North, Community Hospital South and Northwest Surgical Hospital - Oklahoma City, OK
United Surgical Partners, Inc. (USPI)
United Surgical Partners International is an experienced and trusted partner in some of the nation’s most successful ambulatory surgical networks. We are dedicated to providing high-quality, lower-cost solutions as various reform initiatives unfold in the communities we serve. We provide strategic solutions for physicians, health systems and those paying for the cost of health care services, such as employers, insurance companies and government programs.
We currently own and operate over 465 short-stay ambulatory facilities where we serve more than 11,000 physicians and over one million patients each year. We maintain strategic joint-venture partnerships with more than 4,000 physicians and over 50 health systems nationwide. All of this is accomplished through a team of over 20,000 dedicated employees.
Northwest Surgical Hospital:
Northwest Surgical Hospital is a nine bed, physician-owned, surgical hospital located in northwest Oklahoma City. We specialize in providing high quality comprehensive care for patients undergoing inpatient and outpatient surgical procedures. Our Det Norske Veritas (DNV) accreditation powerfully demonstrates our commitment to meet the highest national standards for quality and safety.
Community Hospital North:
Community Hospital’s North Campus features an advanced surgical suites and is home to many physician offices. Some of our specialties include:
Community Hospital South:
Community Hospital’s south campus is home to a number of medical facilities including:
Fountain Park Medical Plaza
Fountain Park Family Physicians
OSSO Spine Center
OSSO Spine & Pain Management Center
Oklahoma Center for Orthopaedics & Sports Medicine
The Hospital Compliance Officer (HCO) has responsibility for managing the implementation of Tenet’s Ethics and Compliance Program for his/her assigned facility(ies).
The Hospital Compliance Officer's general duties and responsibilities encompass implementing Tenet's systems, processes and policies designed to ensure compliance with Federal healthcare program requirements at the hospital level. The Compliance Officer is also responsible for overseeing the implementation of Quality, Compliance and Ethics Charter in his or her facility(ies). In addition, the Compliance Officer will serve as the Privacy Officer.
The Hospital Compliance Officer reports directly to the USPI Regional Compliance Officer Lead, Central Region.
Among the specific responsibilities and activities of the HCO are the following:
- Advise Hospital leadership on issues concerning compliance and ethics matters including recommending controls designed to ensure compliance.
- Work collaboratively with Hospital leadership in compliance and ethics program development and implementation.
- The successful candidate will be recognized for demonstrated knowledge in compliance process improvement and the requirements of Federal healthcare programs. Other success factors include past clinical, legal, auditing or other compliance experience.
- Clear, concise and persuasive writing and presentation skills.
- Strong organizational skills and an orientation to deadlines and detail.
- Ability to respond well under pressure.
- Skills in use of information systems, databases, Excel and Microsoft Word.
- Enjoys working as a member of a cohesive team and is good at doing so.
- Well-developed communications and consensus building skills
- Strong presentation skills.
Professional and Personal Attributes
- An energetic, results-oriented individual, not content with the status quo. A doer more than a talker.
- A leader who will inspire confidence and establish a sense of common direction and vision.
- An individual with high personal and professional integrity. A highly principled and sincere individual.
- Sensitive to the proper concerns of the staff, but able to appropriately balance these concerns with the overall institutional goals.
- Highly articulate with the ability to communicate effectively and credibly in both oral and written context.
- A team player and a good listener who truly values the input of others and their contributions, and positively responds to such input.
- One who accepts delegation and able to make decisions.
- Coach, mentor, and supporter.
- Diligent about follow-through, thorough and well-prepared.
- Committed to the highest quality of patient care. Innovative and creative.
- Sense of humor. A good sense of humor responds to the flow of conversation in ways that are creative and entertaining, not abusive or offensive. A good sense of humor also means you can see things from different sides, from different angles, and in different ways.
A Bachelor’s degree is required and a Master’s degree is preferred.Compensation
A competitive compensation program will be tailored to the selected candidate. Base salary will be supplemented by a performance bonus and comprehensive, well-rounded benefits program, which includes relocation assistance. The performance bonus is based on the performance of Tenet as reflected in its Balanced Scorecard rather than the performance of the Hospital.Travel
Minimal travel requirements.
It is expected that the Hospital Compliance Officer will be active in a healthcare compliance association.
Tenet complies with federal, state, and/or local laws regarding mandatory vaccination of its workforce. If you are offered this position and must be vaccinated under any applicable law, you will be required to show proof of full vaccination or obtain an approval of a religious or medical exemption prior to your start date. If you receive an exemption from the vaccination requirement, you will be required to submit to regular testing in accordance with the law.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.