Hospital Dietary Cook FT
- $1000 SIGN-ON BONUS
Baylor Scott & White Medical Center – Uptown is a new state of the art surgical hospital in the Dallas’ Uptown area. Specialties and services will include Orthopedic, Spine, Pain Management, General Plastic, and Ear, Nose and Throat surgery. Our mission is to provide first-class services for the local community in a safe, comfortable, and welcoming environment; one in which we would be happy to treat our own families.
Baylor Scott & White Medical Center – Uptown is a part of United Surgical Partners International (USPI). USPI owns and operates multiple surgical hospitals and ambulatory surgical care centers throughout the United States and London; with headquarter located in Addison, TX.
Baylor Scott & White Medical Center – Uptownis currently seeking a Hospital Cook in the Dietary Department for full-time opportunities. The ideal candidate is trained in food preparation and production, prepares food for patients, employees, visitors and catered functions and will follows food safety and sanitation guidelines.
Benefits Include: Baylor Scott & White Medical Center – Uptown offers competitive salary, medical and dental, 401(k) with Company Contribution and annual profit sharing bonus.
Position required skills for the Hospital Cook include:
- Minimum of 2 years relevant experience in a high volume restaurant, hospital, or Institution preferred
- Meet all City, County, State and Federal Certification Standards
- Ability to meet time standards required by production schedule
- Extensive knowledge of food preparation from scratch
- Basic knowledge of kitchen equipment operation and maintenance
- Good Communication and Organizational Skills
- Customer Service/Relationship
- Ability to exercise independent judgment
- Demonstrate initiative in assuming responsibilities
- Preview menus to determine types and quantities of food be obtained and prepared.
- Assist in preparing, seasoning, and cooking foods for patients, Cafeteria. Catering and any other duties as required.
- Assist with the setting up of Cafeteria/Patient traylines. Serve on traylines as necessary.
- Ensure that all catered events are set up appropriately.
- Inspect cooking equipment and utensils, maintain cleanliness and proper operation.
- Observe and maintain required levels of sanitation throughout the food preparation process. Ensure that all foods meet standards for quality, freshness, taste, and appearance.
- Assists with the care and maintenance of department equipment and supplies.
- Maintain all department and hospital policies and procedures.
- Environment of Care/Patient Safety
- Infection Control/Employee Health and Safety
- Performance Improvement
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- High School Graduate
- Food Handlers License or equivalent.
- Ability to meet time standards required by production schedule.
- Extensive knowledge of food preparation from scratch.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Demonstrates accountability, integrity, professionalism, openness, receptive to change, creativity and innovative.
- Basic knowledge of kitchen equipment operation and maintenance.
- Must be cooperative and courteous in handling visitors and employees
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.