HR Coordinator/Executive Administrative Assistant
HR Coordinator and Executive Administrative Assistant
HR Coordinator will ensure the collection of all necessary information and documents, compute wages, and investigate and resolve any payroll issues or discrepancies. Functions as benefits resource for employees. Updating payroll information for promotions, transfers, terminations, and new hires. Maintenance of employee personnel and health files in a confidential manner.
As Administrative Assistant will perform a variety of administrative duties for the surgery center. Provide coordination and administrative support for the Facility Administrator, Business Office, and Clinical Leadership departments. Functions as liaison with other departments, including physician offices. Composes and/or types letters, memorandums, and other non-routine and moderately complex correspondence. Plans and coordinates projects, such as preparation of meetings, scheduling appointments, conferences, seminars; arranges for meeting facilities, refreshments, luncheons, employee engagement program. Takes, transcribes, and distributes minutes for meetings. Provides clerical and secretarial support including greeting customers, answering the telephone, typing, copying, scheduling appointments, screening and redirecting mail, coordinating with materials management for ordering of supplies, filing and maintaining confidential files and/or contracts, and other office related job duties. Assists with and/or coordinates the preparation of budgets, reports, data collection, data entry, business plans.
Responsibilities and Expectations
- Prioritize conflicting needs and handle matters expeditiously and proactively to meet timelines.
- Administer and maintain accurate and complete employee personnel files.
- Ensure confidentiality of employee records.
- Assists department managers developing and revising job descriptions.
- Keep managers and employees informed of USPI/Tenet Employee Handbook.
- Coordinate Open Enrollment, distribute benefit plan information, and assist employees with choices and completion of enrollment. Serves as the primary contact for benefit-related questions or complaints,
- Check payroll information for accuracy and ensure all relevant paperwork is in order
- Update data with salary or wage adjustments
- Process other financial compensations or deductions (e.g. annual bonuses, severance pay, taxes, worker’s compensation)
- Handle benefit expenses, like insurance fees or paid leave
- Produce reports to upper management upon request
- Answer employee questions or complaints about salaries and payments
- Attends and participates in Medical Staff and Medical Executive Committees, and center Board meetings in planning promoting and conducting organizational performance — improvement activities
- Actively participates with the governing body, management team, medical staff, and clinical areas in developing, implementing and evaluating the center’s strategic plan, budgets, resource allocation and operation /plan and policies.
- Implements a program of job based, orientation, training, and on-going evaluation for all employees.
- Manage all employee files and records.
- Provide educational opportunities for professional staff development.
- Promote the implementation of positive guest relations by the employees and physicians.
- Obtains and manages record keeping of staff competencies upon hire/onboarding, during orientation, and ongoing throughout employment. Coordinates with Clinical Managers who verify staff competencies upon hire and annually thereafter.
- Maintains licensure of clinical staff with Administrator review
- Provides for orientation, in-service training, and continuing education of all persons in the department
- Maintain patient, physician, and employee privacy and confidentiality per policy.
- Communicate effectively and courteously with visitors, physicians and their office staffs, patients and employees.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or Human Resources preferred.
- Four years of administrative experience with at least 1-2 years in a healthcare organization.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office applications (Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook), Adobe Acrobat
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.