Insurance Verification Coordinator/Financial Advocate "location: Desoto, Texas" - FT
In search of a strong candidate with a minimum experience of 2 years with Insurance Verification and Managed Care. No weekends, no holidays, no call.
North Texas Surgery Center. Desoto, Texas.
- Retrieves demographic information from schedule posting and enters the information in database.
- Communicates with physician offices to obtain the most current and updated information.
- Verifies patient insurance coverage via phone/or online for surgery procedures.
- Determines if referrals or authorizations are required for specified procedures.
- Confirms with the Insurance Companies if when referrals or Pre-Certifications/authorizations are required that required Referral or Pre-cert/Auth #’s are in place and includes the Facility, the date of service range and specified procedure codes.
- Calculates patient estimated out of pocket, co-pay amounts and/or unmet deductibles and notifies patient prior to the date of service.
- Offers/makes arrangements in advance and creates SurgiCares payment plans/options to patients when applicable.
- Strong knowledge of Managed Care contracts. Able to understand contract agreement and reimbursements.
- Strong knowledge of Government and State medical plans.
- Ability to work as a team player in a fast paced environment.
- Completes other work assignments or job duties as assigned by Business Office Manager.
- Must be crossed trained to all Business Office job descriptions.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Must have the skills necessary to operate the office equipment required to fulfill job duties. Must be very detailed and able to multi-task
- Medical terminology and computer experience required.
- Excellent communication skills and interpersonal relation skills.
- Must use independent judgment and adapt quickly to changing circumstances.
2 Year of medical insurance verification REQUIRED
Proficient in understanding Managed Care contract and insurance allowables
Calculate patient out of pocket expense
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.