Manager, Audit Services - USPI (Dallas, TX)
Manager level position responsible for leading and managing, operational, financial, IT and compliance audits to verify that adequate internal controls are in place to assess, report on, and make recommendations for improving the company’s key operational, financial, IT and compliance activities and internal controls to minimize risk and exposure to the company, including:
- Learning promoting and upholding the Company’s policies and procedures.
- Assisting with periodic risk analyses to facilitate identification of audit projects.
- Development of project-level plans based on overall risk assessment results.
- Conducting work in the field and in the office to accomplish audit objectives identified during risk analyses while demonstrating flexibility in responding to changes in assignments and job responsibilities.
- Managing project level teams, performing critical project management duties in the planning, scheduling, coordinating, and reviewing the work of the audit team to ensure that projects are completed efficiently and effectively.
- Making practical recommendations for process improvements while ensuring that recommendations reflect an understanding of the business and are clearly presented to and agreed to by management.
- Conducting audit follow-up activities timely and sufficiently.
- Communicating results of audit projects to management and operations personnel directly involved with department projects, and as requested, to company senior management and the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors.
- Adhering to the department’s quality assurance process for planning, analysis, and documentation and reporting on all audit projects.
- Staying abreast of best practices and providing a means for introducing those practices to the organization’s business units and processes.
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, business, IT or related field.
- MBA and/or healthcare experience a plus.
- Professional designation / certification (CPA, CIA or CISA) required.
- Minimum five years of experience in public accounting, internal auditing, external auditing and/or internal controls experience with at least two years’ experience managing audit teams and projects.
- Knowledge of auditing practices, procedures and principles, sufficient to interpret and analyze complex concepts and apply these in innovative ways.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and executive presence with proven ability to work with all levels of management.
- Excellent written communication skills needed for effective reporting and developing guidance documents to be utilized by others at all levels of the organization.
- Analytical thinker with strong conceptual and problem-solving skills, sound independent judgment as well as meticulous attention to detail.
- Business acumen and the ability to provide value-added advice and guidance to the business.
- Experience and capability in developing and using data analytics to enhance the audit process.
- Ability to build, coach and mentor a high-performing audit team.
- Experience operating within a multi-site, highly regulated industry.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office tools and general systems aptitude, experience with audit software a plus.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.