Senior Accountant, USPI (Dallas, TX)
USPI Facility Accountants are responsible for performing full-cycle accounting for typically 7 to 9 facilities. Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Record all the month-end journal entries for assigned facilities
- Perform financial statement variance analysis to ensure the facility-level financial statements are properly stated. This includes detailed revenue and reserve analysis
- Act as a resource for facility contacts, internal departments, as well as USPI management, to assist in providing/explaining financial statement information
- Perform monthly/quarterly cash flow analysis to support distribution calculations.
- Perform facility valuations
- Perform all month-end balance sheet reconciliations (including bank reconciliations) for the facilities in which they are assigned
- Provide supporting documentation to internal and external auditors
- Actively participate in the yearly budgeting process, providing guidance to their facilities as needed
- Assist with special projects
- Facilitate the completion of monthly close procedures, including roll forwards and reconciliations
- Prepare and distribute monthly and quarterly financial reporting packages
- Provide quarterly budget-to-actual comparisons to department heads
- Prepare and collect support for external auditors
- Assist with the preparation of the Company’s yearly budget; and
- Fulfill other duties, commensurate with experience, as a member of the facility accounting team
- 3 + years accounting experience
- Bachelor’s degree (minimum) in Accounting or Finance (minimum GPA 3.0),
- Takes ownership and pride in his/her work and enjoys learning new things,
- Possesses excellent verbal and written communication skills,
- Is proficient in Excel, Oracle GL experience a plus (but not a requirement),
- Has the capacity to work within tight deadlines, and
- Works well both independently and within a team environment.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.