FSH OR Technician FT
Fresno Surgical Hospital is an extraordinary hospital created entirely to deliver excellence and quality in surgical care to each patient. Our unique facility and staff provide a hospitality- inspired, healing environment unlike anything experience in a traditional hospital. Our commitment to innovation, shared values and excellence can be reflected in exceptional satisfaction scores from patients, physicians and staff.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Two years of related experience and/or training required
- Ability to maintain collaborative working relationships to ensure a positive and productive work environment.
- Ability to plan and prioritize work with frequent interruptions.
- Ability to provide exceptional customer service. Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge and proficiency in hospital IT applications.
- Knowledge and proficiency of hospital information technology applications.
- Knowledge of Medical Terminology; ability to read, use and transcribe medical terms.
- BLS Certificate.
- Check all equipment for proper functioning.
- Assist in moving patient to and from operating table and in proper positioning of patient.
- Assist in the preparation of the surgical suite
- Assist the surgeon in draping the operative field to provide a sterile work area.
- Follows Scrub-Gown-Gloving Procedures.
- Assist the surgeon in gowning and gloving.
- Assist the surgeon in the surgical procedure by keeping instruments clean and perform accurate sponge, needle and instrument counts in conjunction with the Circulating Nurse.
- Completes documentation within shift and meets current standards, policies and procedures.
- Drape mayo stand and back table ensuring aseptic technique.
- Gathers instruments and supplies per surgeon’s preference.
- Maintaining sterile techniques and apply dressing as indicated by surgeon.
- Makes decisions reflecting knowledge of assigned case and instruments and/or trays to be pulled for the procedure.
- Makes decisions reflecting knowledge of facts and good judgment within the Operating Room Technician’s scope of practice.
- Opens case prior to surgical intervention ensuring all instruments and supplies are sterile.
- Prepare instruments and supplies in an orderly manner to expedite the surgical procedure.
- Report any malfunction in instruments or equipment to the Director of Surgical Services.
- Responsible for assisting the Surgical Team.
- Returns unused supplies and instruments to proper storage areas.
- Utility room to be cleaned and made ready for reprocessing.
- At the conclusion of surgical procedure, transport all instruments soiled.
- Other duties as assigned.
Fresno Surgical Hospital complies with federal, state, and/or local laws regarding mandatory vaccination of its workforce. If you are offered this position and must be vaccinated under any applicable law, you will be required to show proof of full vaccination or obtain an approval of a religious or medical exemption prior to your start date.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.