Patient Care Coordinator - PRN (Surgery Center)
Baylor Scott and White Surgicare at Centennial is seeking a qualified Patient Care Coordinator:
- Monday-Friday, varying days
Under the direction of the Business Office Manager, the Patient Care Representative is responsible for covering any aspect of the business office as necessary. Many duties includes scheduling, insurance verification, financial counseling, patient calls, chart building, medical records and interacting with visitors, families and physicians on the phone and in person.
Successful candidates will possess outstanding multi-tasking abilities, communication and teamwork as well as the ability to keep up in a fast paced working environment. The successful candidate should be able to demonstrate previous successful/positive customer service encounters or programs and have a friendly, welcoming and helpful demeanor.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Interacts with patients, families, physicians and staff in person, via email and by phone.
- Registers patients and processes paperwork upon patient admission.
- Assists with surgery scheduling including updating patient demographics/information in system.
- Assists with verifying insurance prior to patient’s arrival, to include "Add Ons”
- Assists with obtaining pre-certification from insurance companies for procedures that require pre-certification.
- Requests office notes from referring physician if needed for authorization.
- Calculate and inform patients of amount due prior to arrival
- Assists with daily preparation of charts for next day’s surgeries within required deadline
- Ensures all required forms are placed in designated areas of the patient chart
- Labels and collects necessary documents for patient charts
- Responsible to scan and audit medical records on a daily basis
- Out-bound collection calls to patients regarding their medical invoice/bill answering questions and setting up payment/payment plans.
- Answers in-coming phone calls
- Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Previous hospital clerical, medical terminology or physician office experience preferred, but not required.
- Must be able to communicate verbally and non-verbally in a professional way.
- Ability to use time wisely in preparing work area to meet high-paced demand.
- Show a genuine desire to work and improve the facility as a whole.
- Must demonstrate excellent phone etiquette and exceptional customer service skills.
- Bilingual preferred but not required
- Must be high school graduate or equivalent
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.