Pre-Op/PACU RN - Surgery Center
We are looking for a caring, compassionate, highly skilled Registered Nurse to work in our Pre-Op and Recovery Room. This is a Full-Time position, working Monday - Friday. The RN will be responsible for pre-operative and post-operative care of patients in our ambulatory surgery center. Experience in a surgical setting, recovery room or critical care (ICU, ER, etc.) strongly desired. Exceptional working environment and excellent nurse:patient ratios! No weekends or holidays! Please apply today if you're interested in this exciting opportunity!
- To utilize specialized nursing knowledge and discriminative judgment while providing direct and indirect patient care.
- Responsible for patient’s admission and pre-operative care; holistic preparation for surgery, considering all needs, including pre-operative education, escort/family members, psychosocial needs, utilizing preference cards, and acting under established protocols, practices, and standing orders.
- Coordinates pre-operative lab work required for individual patients, documenting and reporting pertinent results.
- Responsible for the patient’s post-operative care and stabilization; holistic preparation for return to the home environment, considering all needs, including post-discharge care, escort/family members, educational and psychosocial needs, utilizing preference cards and acting under established protocols, practices, and standing orders.
- Performs thorough and accurate continual patient assessment, anticipating potential problems and reporting pertinent assessments to the anesthesiologist, supervisor, and/or surgeon appropriately.
- Documents actions in medical record completely and accurately in a timely manner.
- Keeps safety of patient, self, and others a primary concern at all times; acts appropriately in an emergency situation.
- Maintains and demonstrates current skills and knowledge of intravenous therapy, medication administration and effects, patient assessment, airway management, patient teaching, emotional/social support of patients and families and all other necessary clinical competencies.
- Remains calm and functions as a team member during times of stress and crisis situations.
- Acts as discharge nurse when assigned, giving holistic and thorough discharge education.
- Demonstrates good nursing knowledge base and rationale for actions, including cardiac monitoring.
- Supervises and directs, as delegated, the activities of non-professional personnel.
- Utilizes equipment and supplies effectively and efficiently, assisting with stocking, replenishing, and preparation of supplies.
The Pre/Post-Operative Staff Nurse must be a graduate of an accredited School of Nursing and be currently licensed to practice nursing in the state of Missouri. A minimum of one year of experience in critical care required; surgical setting experience and cardiac monitoring strongly desired. The successful candidate must have the ability to determine priorities, plan and direct patient care and must possess the ability to handle stress. Must be able to analyze, prioritize, problem solve, and make decisions quickly and calmly. Must be able to work independently as well as within a team. Must have thorough knowledge of nursing theory and excellent patient assessment skills. Must present professional image and possess excellent public relation skills. Must be willing to take responsibility and maintain accountability. Must possess excellent organizational and communication skills. Must be flexible. Requires respect for the confidential nature of the work environment.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.