Surgery Scheduler FT OrthoArizona Surgery Center Gilbert
OrthoArizona Surgery Center Gilbert is seeking a full time Surgery Scheduler to join the team!
Under the direction of the Business Office Manager, is responsible for daily maintenance of the surgery schedule and all aspects of the scheduling process. This includes strategizing and problem solving and ensuring high levels of customer service with scheduling coordinators from all doctor's offices and Operating Room Staff.
The candidate will possess outstanding leadership, communication and customer service skills as well as the ability to diffuse difficult scheduling conflicts efficiently with strategy, and be able to demonstrate previous successful/positive customer service encounters or programs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Sets priorities and organizes work
- Coordinates with anesthesia groups to confirm scheduling for coverage.
- Accurately uses procedure codes to ensure proper billing.
- Verifies information being entered into system is correct, i.e. spelling of name, DOB, gender, insurance information, etc.
- Ensuring all necessary paper work for any patient - add on is received by the appropriate staff.
- Communicates changes to schedule to appropriate staff
- Ensures all required fields in Advantx are completed
- Works closely with OR director to avoid equipment or supply conflicts.
- Alerts administration when new doctors or procedures are scheduled.
- Cross trains with other areas.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Completes consents and ensures accuracy before submitting to the chart builder.
- Promote positive relationships with scheduling coordinators, physicians and nursing staff members throughout the scheduling process.
- Minimum 2-4 years of hospital or medical office experience preferred.
- Strong medical terminology.
- Must demonstrate excellent phone etiquette and exceptional customer service skills.
- Ability to use time wisely in preparing work area to meet high-paced demand.
- Professional appearance.
USPI complies with federal, state, and/or local laws regarding mandatory vaccination of its workforce. If you are offered this position and must be vaccinated under any applicable law, you will be required to show proof of full vaccination or obtain an approval of a religious or medical exemption prior to your start date. If you receive an exemption from the vaccination requirement, you will be required to submit to regular testing in accordance with the law.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.