Rad Tech PRN Westgate Surgery Center
Westgate Surgery Center is looking for a PRN Radiology Tech to join our team!
The Radiology Technician will perform multiple vascular and interventional procedures under the direction of specialized physicians, including operation of special imaging and radiology equipment. Skilled at sterile field assistance during operating room and pain management procedures. Maintains a professional relationship with physicians and staff.
- Perform the described duties in the primary work area and demonstrate competency in the following: IV and contrast administration, orthopedic radiology, pediatric radiology, operating room Radiology, trauma Radiology, GI Radiology, outpatient and inpatient diagnostic Radiology, myelography and arthrography.
- Perform a variety of technical tasks involved in operating x ray equipment to make radiographs of designated portions of the body as specified by physician; adjust equipment for proper exposure, voltage and current in accordance with prescribed radiation safety procedures.
- Determine, prepare and set up medical supplies, instruments and equipment; explain x ray procedures to patients; position patients for each anatomical view specified using immobilization and protective devices as required; report any changes in patient condition to attending medical staff.
- Monitor accessory equipment and assist attending physician with fluoroscopic examinations and special radiographic studies.
- Record amount and type of film exposed; label film with identifying information; sort as required.
- Consult with lead x-ray tech and radiologist to ensure compliance with established standards of quality.
- Process film in accordance with standardized procedures and maintain assigned work area in clean and orderly condition.
- Must possess strong OR skills.
- Must have experience using both Siemens and OEC C-Arms.
- Must possess independent decision making skills.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects.
- Excellent communication skills with the staff, physicians, patients and families.
- Must be able to communicate verbally and non-verbally in a professional way.
- Graduate of an accredited program in Radiological Technology.
- Must have a current AZ state license (MRT) and AART license
- American Heart Association BLS certification required
- One-year hospital experience required (3+ years preferred).
- Knowledgeable of local, state, federal and Joint Commission Regulations
USPI complies with federal, state, and/or local laws regarding mandatory vaccination of its workforce. If you are offered this position and must be vaccinated under any applicable law, you will be required to show proof of full vaccination or obtain an approval of a religious or medical exemption prior to your start date. If you receive an exemption from the vaccination requirement, you will be required to submit to regular testing in accordance with the law.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.