RN Pre Post Op PRN Westgate Surgery Center
Westgate Surgery Center is looking for a per diem PreOp/Post Op RN to Join our team!
- Manage patients’ admission processes to preoperative department
- Assess the status of patients’ health in pre-op and ensure accuracy of identification wristband
- Ensure that operative and informed consents are in order
- Determine the surgeon and procedure being carried out
- Take and record vital statistics of patients to ensure readiness for surgical procedure
- Initiate IVs and ensure that patients are informed about the procedure and attending medical staff
- Assess patients’ condition after a surgery has been performed
- Ensure that all vitals are within normal range
- Log all findings in patients’ files
- Answer patients’ questions and ensure that they are kept comfortable
- Make sure that all relevant IVs are in check
- Develop individualized care plans based on each individual patient’s condition
- Ensure that the all nursing activities are carried out in accordance to individual patient care plan
- Monitor patients for condition changes and report any changes to the doctor
- Initiate patient education programs to ensure that both patients and families are educated on procedures and medications
- Determine when patients are ready to be moved to their rooms
- Perform intervention duties in cases of post-operative emergencies
- Record sedation levels and body temperature
- Manage blood and fluid transfusions and draw specimens
- Ensure that the post-operative space is clean and sanitized
- Change bandages and dress surgical wounds
- Must be a Registered Nurse with an unrestricted license in the state.
- Must be a graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- Must have at least 2-5 years' previous experience in PreOP/PACU
- Previous experience in an ambulatory surgical center strongly preferred
- Must have current BLS, ALS and PALS
- Must possess a strong knowledge of surgical procedures and management of the surgical patient
- Understanding of aseptic techniques and their implementation
- Ability to quickly adapt to changing condition of the patient when needed
- Must be an excellent team player and have the ability to communicate with staff, patients and physicians
USPI complies with federal, state, and/or local laws regarding mandatory vaccination of its workforce. If you are offered this position and must be vaccinated under any applicable law, you will be required to show proof of full vaccination or obtain an approval of a religious or medical exemption prior to your start date. If you receive an exemption from the vaccination requirement, you will be required to submit to regular testing in accordance with the law.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.