Scrub Tech, OR tech (Surgical Technician) PRN
United Surgical Partners International is a company that specializes in the development and operation of Ambulatory Surgical Facilities in the U.S. and the UK. We provide first-class surgical services for local communities and recognize our employees as our number one assets. USPI’s mission is to provide first–class surgical services for the local community in a safe, comfortable and welcoming environment; one in which we would be happy to treat our own families. Under the general supervision of the Clinical Director and the direct supervision of a Registered Nurse, this surgical technician is responsible for providing surgical scrub on all types of minor and major surgical procedures dependent on individual competence. In this role there will be constant contact and interacts with physicians, patients, all surgical services staff, support staff and vendors.
Some of the responsibilities in this role:
• Keeping safety of patient, self, and others a PRIMARY concern at all times; acts appropriately in an emergency situation.
• Have an understanding of Patient's rights and safety.
• Demonstrating ability to understand the unique needs of each age group of the patient population.
• Have keen customer relations skills while being able to quickly anticipate patient needs.
• Following employee health and other personnel and staffing policies
• Responsible for knowing the processes involved assuring the standards established by HIPAA, and ensuring they are followed including the practices and records relating to the use and disclosure of Protected Health Information.
• Following OSHA and other standards for protection against blood borne pathogens.
Shall be physically able to stand, walk, and maintain varied body motions and positions for long periods of time. Demonstrates manual dexterity. The employee shall be able to use hands to finger, handle or feel objects or tools. The employee is required to stand, walk, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Shall be able to move up to 100 pounds.
The Ideal candidate for this role will:
Have ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to present information in one-on-one and small group situations to patients, physicians, and other employees.
• Possess strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Be team oriented.
• Flexible, reliable, productive, patient-oriented, and self-motivated.
• Reflect a positive demeanor
• Is thorough and has high ability to anticipate needs.
• Remains calm and functions as a team member during times of stress and crisis situations.
• Possesses a BLS Certification.
A successful candidate must have the ability to work independently as well as function within a team; present good public relation skills; and possess the ability to handle stress. Is flexible, reliable, productive, patient-oriented, and self-motivated.
This Surgical Technician should have the following;
A. High School Diploma or Equivalent.
B. One year previous clinical experience in Operating Room environment preferred.
C. Certification in Operating Room Technology preferred.
D. Current BLS required.
E. Knowledge of ASC policies and procedures specific to the OR.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.