Hackensack Endo Surgery Center is a single-specialty practice; we are looking for a top-performer with solid knowledge of Pre- operative and PACU/ Recovery Nursing. This is a fast-paced environment that is driven to reach the highest quality and satisfaction outcomes in Hackensack. We are seeking an experienced nursing professional in a PRN/Per Diem capacity. We make no commitment of guaranteed hours or benefits.
Job Title: PACU/ PRE OP RN
Job Summary: Plans, coordinates, and oversees care for patients of any age in PACU/ PRE OP department. Provides care within nursing standards of practice and the policies of the Center. Makes decisions regarding direct patient care needs and communicates appropriate information to other team members. May have additional responsibilities as designated by the manager, which include, but are not limited to, serving on committees, participating in quality improvement audits, and projects.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities PACU RN:
- Knows and adheres to policies of the Center and demonstrates fiscal responsibility.
- Follows policies, procedures, goals, and objectives for perioperative nursing care according to accepted standards.
- Plans, implements, and evaluates pre and post operative nursing care for patients based on individual, specific patient needs, and according to physician’s orders.
- Organizes and prepares medical records of patients. Documents care appropriately and fully. Follows up on missing data and other patient care needs.
- Maintains and demonstrates current skills and knowledge of intravenous therapy, medication administration and effects, patient assessment, airway maintenance, patient teaching, emotional/social support of patients and families, and other needed clinical competencies.
- Remains calm and functions as a team member during times of stress and crisis situations.
- Seeks involvement in activities that promote professional growth and behavior.
- Actively participates in appropriate committee and CQI activities.
- Follows OSHA and other standards for protection against blood borne pathogens.
- Uses good body mechanics.
- Informs PACU Manager of applicable day-to-day situations.
- Follows employee health and other personnel and staffing policies.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities PRE OP RN
- Plans and prepared for the preadmission of the patient.
- Meets all required deadlines. Demonstrates discretionary ability in establishing priority.
- Delivers indirect and direct patient care according to established standards, taking into consideration the age and risk factors of the patient.
- Possess the knowledge and ability to use the nursing process to assess, plan, implement, and evaluate the care of the patient.
- Uses nursing judgment in decision-making.
- Acts as a patient advocate in meeting his/her physical and psychological needs.
- Performs patient assessment and reassessment immediately upon admission and on a regular basis in accordance with standards of care with documentation of these assessments as a basis for planning each patient’s care.
- Ensures that all nursing interventions and patients responses are communicated to responsible practitioners as indicated and that all components of the nursing process are documented in accordance with standards of practice.
- Integrates and coordinates care across settings and among disciplines.
- Implements physician’s orders effectively and safely in accordance with standards of practice.
- Ability to recognize and intervene in stressful situations.
- Maintains BLS, ACLS and PALS certifications as applicable.
- Maintains or acquires skills on equipment necessary to complete required responsibilities.
- Documents all records according to established policies and procedures.
- Assesses information/documents on AdvantX, maintaining patient confidentiality.
- Assists with reviewing and updating policies and procedures.
- Performs effectively in stressful situations to fulfill position responsibilities.
- Provides teaching to patient/parent of child per level of understanding.
- Performs additional duties as needed by the department
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- Current NJ Nursing License
- Current BLS, ACLS and PALS
- Minimum of 2 years experience in Pre-Op/PACU
- Strong knowledge of surgical procedures and management of the surgical patient
- Understand principles of aseptic technique and their implementation
- Ability to care for patients from infancy to geriatrics
- Knowledge base to recognize, evaluate, solve problems and correct errors
- Ability to quickly adapt to changing condition of the patient when needed
- Excellent teaching skills
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Demonstrate strong professional and ethical behavior
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients, physicians and fellow employees. (TEAMWORK)
- Strong customer service skills
- Demonstrate accountability, creativity, innovation and be receptive to change
- Possess basic knowledge of Performance Improvement ideology
* Previous experience working in an ambulatory surgical setting preferred.Location:
Hackensack, New Jersey
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.