PRE-OP PACU RN FT
Memorial Hermann Memorial Village Surgery Center
Our state-of the art equipment allows surgeons to perform procedures in the specialty areas of:
- Colon Rectal Surgery, Neurological Surgery, Gynecology, Oculoplastics, Orthopedic Surgery, Otolaryngology, Pain Management, Podiatry, General Surgery, Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Urology
The RN Pre-op/PACU is a Registered Nurse that provides quality patient care using the nursing process, the medical plan of care, and organizational policies. The RN Pre-op/PACU provides safe, effective, and quality patient-family centered care in the perioperative services for all patient populations. The RN Pre-op/PACU supports the mission, vision, and values of the organization. The RN Pre-op/PACU reports to the Manager of Peri-Operative Services.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- Current Virginia Nursing License
- Current BLS, ACLS and PALS
- Minimum of 2 years experience in Pre-Op/PACU. Previous experience working in an ambulatory surgical setting preferred.
- Strong knowledge of surgical procedures and management of the surgical patient
- Understand principles of aseptic technique and their implementation
- Ability to care for patients from infancy to geriatrics
- Knowledge base to recognize, evaluate, solve problems and correct errors
- Ability to quickly adapt to changing condition of the patient when needed
- Excellent teaching skills
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Demonstrate strong professional and ethical behavior
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients, physicians and fellow employees. (TEAMWORK)
- Strong customer service skills
- Demonstrate accountability, creativity, innovation and be receptive to change
- Possess basic knowledge of Performance Improvement ideology
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.