Certified Surgical Scrub Tech / PRN
BaylorScott&White Surgical Hospital Las Colinas is seeking to fill the position of a PRN Operating Room Technician. Under the general supervision of the Operating Room Director, and the direct supervision of a Registered Nurse, the Operating Room Technician is responsible for providing surgical scrub on all typers of minor and major surgical procedures dependent in individual competence.
Certification required. OR Technician with prior experience must be strong in ortho and spine specialty, serving as past of operating room team for 12 beds, 7 OR Surgical Operating rooms. Prepares supplies and instruments for surgical procedures, observes proper standards of care, including aseptic technique. Evening and weekend On-call scheduled required.
- Mobility to move about the hospital for patient care.
- Pushing, pulling and moderate to heavy lifting of patients and/or equipment approximate 25-60lbs.
- Stooping, reaching, walking and standing required.
- Manual dexterity skills needed to accomplish job requirements to include instruments and equipment use.
- High School Graduate or equivalent required
- Surgical Technologist program graduate
- Three years previous clinical experience in Operating Room environment required
- Certification in Operating Room Technology required
- Current BLS required
- Knowledge of hospital policies and procedures specific to the OR
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.