Seasonal PACU Registered Nurse - $85.00/Hr. (Days) $2K Bonus @ Completion of contract 12/31/2021
BaylorScott& White Surgical Hospital Las Colinas is currently seeking a PACU Registered Nurse (RN) in the PACU Department for Seasonal opportunities.
Under the direct supervision of the Director of Surgical Services and the Charge Nurse, the nurse is responsible for implementing the Post Anesthesia Care record, nursing care plan and the assimilation of the patient’s hospital record for Baylor Scott & White Surgical Hospital Las Colinas.
PRINICIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Delivers indirect and direct patient care according to established standards, taking into consideration the age and risk factors of the patient.
- Acts as a patient advocate in meeting his/her physical and psychological needs.
- Performs patient assessment and reassessment immediately upon admission and on a regular basis in accordance with standards of care with documentation of these assessments as a basis for planning each patient’s care.
- Ensures that all nursing interventions and patients’ responses are communicated to responsible practitioners as indicated and that all components of the nursing process are documented in accordance with standards of practice.
- Takes emergency call as assigned.
- Understand practices and ensures sterile technique. Correctly operates sterilizers.
- Integrates and coordinates care across settings and among disciplines.
- Implements physician’s orders effectively and safely in accordance with standards of practice.
- Utilizes special precautions in the direct care and in the supervision of care provided to sedated patients.
- Provides appropriate information to nursing personnel regarding the patients’ status on transfer.
- Documents all records according to established policies and procedures.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing, BSN preferred
- Current Texas RN License
- Current BLS, must get ACLS/PALS within 2 months of hire
Specific Job Experience
- Minimum two (2) years’ PACU experience in a hospital setting
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrates knowledge and ability to use the nursing process to assess, plan, implement and evaluate the care of the patient
- Demonstrates discretionary ability in establishing priority.
- Uses nursing judgment in decision-making
- Able to recognize and intervene in stressful situations and perform effectively in stressful situations to fulfill position responsibilities.
***12 week contract or through 12/31/2021***
$2K Bonus at Completion of contract 12/31/2021
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.