Medical Assistant/Technician Full Time
The Outpatient Surgery & Laser Center is looking for a top performer with solid surgery center experience. We perform a broad range of outpatient surgical procedures The Outpatient Surgery & Laser Center is an affiliate of United Surgical Partners International and our mission is it to care for each patient and every family as if they were our own. Each patient, each family, each and every time. If you share our mission, please reach out to discuss joining our team.
We are looking for a Medical Assistant/Tech to join our team.
The Medical Assistant assists with direct patient care and may perform certain specialized medical procedures such as venipuncture and EKG. The MA/CNA/PCT may also provide administrative services including preparation of medical records related to surgery.
- High school diploma or GED required
- Medical Assistant or Certified Nurse Assistant or Patient Care Tech equivalent clinical training strongly preferred
- BLS required
- At least 1 year experience strongly preferred
- Knowledge of commonly used medical record forms
- Proficient computer knowledge and office skills
- Ability to perform routine invasive procedures, such as venipuncture and EKG in accordance with established clinical protocol
- Knowledge of safe, quality patient care and infection control standards
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.