Ultrasound Tech - PRN- Sun View Imaging
- Performs clinical diagnostic ultrasound procedures as ordered by the physicians; positions appropriately; selects correct transducer; adjusts technical factors depending on depth of field or organ to be scanned; obtains adequate images and labels images appropriately.
- Schedules patients as necessary. Explains procedures to patients to assure cooperation and optimum tests results; re-schedule patients as necessary.
- Performs biopsy and interventional procedures competently, independently and without supervision.
- Maintains ultrasound service in accordance with the guidelines established by the Radiology Department, and performs diagnostic ultrasound examinations according to pre-determined protocols as set forth by the radiologists in the protocol manuals.
- Responsible for the proper utilization of existing equipment and reporting repair problems promptly to the ultrasound supervisor.
- Maintains proper records including Radiologist worksheets and prepares reports as needed.
- Maintains proper level of films and supplies.
- Follows departmental directives in accordance with job functions.
- Performs and/or participates in the Radiology services Process Improvement, Quality Assurance, Quality Control and MQSA activities as may be required.
10. Conforms, performs and/or participates in all mandated and/or voluntary programs of the Radiology services to comply with the provisions of JCAHO, DHS, and any regulatory agency requirements.
11. Verbalizes and/or demonstrates knowledge of clinical information and practices essential to assuming provision of age-specific care from neonate to geriatrics.
2 years of clinical experience in ultrasound in an acute care setting REQUIRED
Graduate of an accredited ultrasound program
Current American Heart Association BLS certification REQUIRED
Current ARDMS or ARRT(S) and State Registry REQUIRED
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.