Job Duties - X-ray Technician
Responsible for performing high quality radiographs. He/she will strive to minimize patient wait time in the department and will do his/her best to educate patients/families about procedures being performed. Demonstrates the primary goal of efficiently providing surgical services that exceed customer expectations and improve clinical and financial operations.
- Ability to read, write, type, and perform calculations at a level generally acquired through completion of high school plus six months or less training beyond high school.
- Ability to prepare reports and keep records
- Skills to maintain effective communication with patients, families, and other members of the health care team.
- Good command of the English language, both verbal and written.
- Familiarity with medical terminology and departmental supply items is required.
American Registry of Radiologic Technologists
Nevada Department of Health- Certified Medical Radiologic Technologist
Basic Life Cardiac Support
- Education and Experience:
1-2 years experience in C-Arm and Portable x-rays in operating room setting.
Physical Requirements and Demands
- Heavy physical effort (lift/carry 50 lbs. or more.)
- Prolonged, extensive, or considerable standing/walking.
- Lifts, positions, push and/or transfer patients.
- Lifts supplies/equipment.
- Manual dexterity and mobility
- Considerable reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling.
- Exposure to blood and body fluids and hazardous materials
Criteria for Evaluation
- Employee feedback
- Patient/Family feedback
- Physician feedback
- Annual Goals
Responsibilities and Expectations
The following description of the job responsibilities and performance expectations are intended to reflect the major responsibilities of the job, but is not intended to describe the minor duties or other responsibilities as may be assigned from time to time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to perform the essential functions
- Perform all radiographic procedures as written in Policy and Procedure Manual.
- Participates in development of Policies and Procedures within the department.
- Perform high quality radiology work.
- Notify department director of equipment/machine malfunction.
- Adheres to Policies and Procedures as defined by Infection Control.
- Demonstrates knowledge of filing, and logging in or x-rays.
- Demonstrates knowledge of reporting system of radiology findings to physician.
- Participates in Performance Improvement Plan.
- Serves as a resource to other members of the health care team.
- Act in accordance with the vision, mission, and business philosophy of the Center
- Maintain patient, physician, and employee privacy and confidentiality per policy.
- Follow the Center's professional conduct and dress code policy.
- Communicate effectively and courteously with visitors, physicians and their office staffs, patients and employees.
- Assists with other responsibilities of center as deemed necessary by management
- Maintains designated certifications such as CPR, as offered by the center.
- Attends inservices, conferences and meetings as required
- Attends annual Safety and Competency education session
Maintains record of continuing education and licensure
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.