GI Tech PRN
The GI technician must exhibit strong interpersonal communication and team-working skills. The ability to thrive in a fast-paced and sometimes stressful environment is essential.
- A gastrointestinal technician (GI) assists a nurse or a doctor in GI procedures, such as esophagogastroduodenoscopy, colonoscopy, flexible sigmoidoscopy, Bravo placement, esophageal dilation and specimen collection.
- The technician performs tool and equipment maintenance.
- The technician is responsible for tool and equipment setup prior to an exam and the cleanup and maintenance of equipment after an exam.
- Assisting Registered Nursing staff with admit/discharge of patient.
- Knowledgeable with medical equipment and ability to obtain vital signs and preform lab test as ordered by physician.
- Anticipates and prepares by obtaining supplies and specialty equipment, and sets up under clean technique prior to start of assigned procedures
- Assists physician during procedures and in cleaning procedure room after procedure
- Maintains scope cleaning equipment and accessories
- Maintains stock of supplies in procedure room during, between, and after procedures, and facilitates efficient turn-over of rooms to maintain room schedule
- Must be able to perform the professional, clinical and/or technical competencies of the assigned unit or department; will complete competencies for all diagnostic procedures
- Performs high level disinfection of scopes
- Performs vital signs such as recording temperatures, pulse rate, blood pressure, applies leads, and monitors EKG and cardiac monitoring
- Prepares patients for procedures according to policy and procedure
- Must be able to perform the professional, clinical and or technical competencies
BLS CPR Certification
Surgical Tech Certification/Medical Tech Certification/Experience
Prefer previous GI experience but not required
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.