Surgical Scrub Tech - No weekends, call, or holidays!
*****$3,000 SIGN ON BONUS*****
Flatirons Surgery Center is a fast-paced, multi-specialty ambulatory surgical center seeking a passionate, dedicated, and extraordinary candidate to join our team!
Job Summary: Assists surgical team during multi-specialty operative procedures by arranging and inventorying sterile set-up of instruments, equipment and supplies for surgical cases and passing items to surgeons and nurses as needed. Fundamental role in preparing and moving patients and sterilizing and cleaning instruments, equipment and rooms.
The Surgical Tech works under the supervision of the OR Nurse Manager and Clinical Director; Full-time, Monday through Friday with comprehensive and competitive benefits offered.
Job Requirements and Priorities:
1. Understanding the importance and ensures sterility of all supplies and instruments during set up of surgical procedures, as well as, encouraging and assisting nurses and other staff members to maintain sterile working enviroments.
2. Assists OR Nurse(s) in gathering and inventory necessary surgical supplies and equipment. Including but not limited to, responsible for accounting for sponge, needle, and instrument count pre- and intra-operative with the OR Staff.
3. Gowns and gloves surgeons and assistants.
4. Assists in keeping physician preference cards accurate/updated.
5. Retains all specimens to be sent to pathology, confirming source/name of specimen with surgeon.
6. Transports all surgical equipment to appropriate cleaning areas. Assists in sterile supply with cleaning and reprocessing of instrument sets.
8. Uses Standard Universal Precautions, appropriate hand hygiene, personal protective equipment, and safe practices to ensure personal safety and a safe environment.
10. Assists with environmental hazard and infection control surveillance and participates in emergency preparedness drills.
11. Follows all equipment and safety guidelines and is responsible for knowledgeable use and care of equipment.
12. Serves as a resource to other members of the patient care team.
13. Attends in services, conferences, and meetings as required.
14. Communicates effectively and courteously with patients, visitors, physicians, and all members of the patient care team regardless of background.
15. Strictly observing and complying all privacy and confidentiality laws and company policies and adheres to safety guidelines to ensure a safe work and patient care environment.
16. Maintains designated certifications such as BLS/PALS/ACLS, as offered by the center.
17. Acts in accordance with the vision, mission, and business philosophy of the Center.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual shall be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. General familiarity with medical terminology as it pertains to anatomy and surgical procedures for an operating room.
Education and/or Experience: High School Diploma / GED; completion of a Scrub Technician Program. Certification preferred. Two years experience as a Scrub Tech in multiple specialties (orthopedics a plus) or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Reasoning Ability: Able to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions. Highly capable to problem solve involving a few concrete variables in standardized.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that shall be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, talk, and hear. The employee shall regularly lift and /or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and /or move up to 100 pounds.
USPI Every Day Giving Excellence (EDGE) is the key to the differentiation of USPI as a customer-focused company. The process of completing EDGE- requirements establishes processes and measurements that are collected, assimilated, and shared throughout USPI. All employees are involved with EDGE-.
The involvement can range from doing their jobs to taking on the role of gathering and/or entering data into the computer.
Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 Responsible for knowing the processes involved assuring the standards established by HIPAA, and ensuring they are followed including the practices and records relating to the use and disclosure of Protected Health Information.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals. The employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, extreme cold, and the risk of radiation. The employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, and the risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is moderate.
Proficiency in scrubbing orthopedics, a plus!
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.