RN Operating Room Circulator - PRN Saint Francis Surgery Center
RN OR Circulator - PRN - Surgery Center at St. Francis - Memphis, TN
The Registered Nurse Operating Room Circulator will provide proficient, age specific, professional nursing skills in assessing, planning, implementing, and evaluating the nursing care for assigned patients in accordance with legal, Hospital practice and departmental policies and procedures, established standards of nursing care and practice, and as defined by the state of Tennessee.
Provides direct care to assigned patients.
- Takes the nursing history, summarizes data, states nursing diagnoses/patient care needs.
- Observes and records signs, symptoms and behaviors, including the physiological status of patients; presents the assessment of changes, the proposed revision of interventions and desired outcomes.
- Follows policy for continuing an individualized plan of care for surgical patients.
- Delivers designated nursing interventions to assigned patients that are consistent with the stated medical plan of care.
- Performs admission, discharge and transfer procedures and assists others with patient's activities and care.
- Executes physician's orders for all assigned patients; safely and properly administers medications and treatments.
- Notifies appropriate nursing, medical staff, and OR team to changes in the patient's status.
- Independently performs duties and assumes responsibility for care of assigned patients.
- Performs techniques and routines in the specialty service area.
- Performs or assists others to perform proper aseptic techniques, isolation procedures and infection control measures.
- Documents nursing care in all assigned patient records. All patient related information is documented completely on appropriate forms.
- Maintains patient's privacy and confidentiality of information and records at all times.
- Evaluates care given including the patient response.
- Reassesses and documents the proposed revision of interventions and desired outcomes.
- Demonstrates ability to assess patient's understanding of, and compliance with instructions and health care teaching.
- Reviews documentation of instructions, teaching topics and patient response with the OR Supervisor/designee.
- Adheres to internal controls established for department; adheres to all policies and procedures of the ASC, including Target 100.
- Performs related duties as required.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- Current RN license in state of Florida.
- BLS and ACLS certifications required.
Education: Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
License: Current state of Tennessee RN license.
Certifications: BLS and ACLS required.
Experience: Minimum one year OR circulating experience required. Ortho surgical experience strongly preferred
Minimum 5 years' previous OR circulating experience preferred. Knowledge of sterile technique. Medical knowledge of multi-specialty surgeries required. Experience with electronic medical records (EMR) preferred.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.