PRN Pre-op/PACU Registered Nurse
We are seeking an experienced and compassionate Pre-Op/PACU Registered Nurse to join our outstanding team on a PRN basis
- Enjoy weekends off!
- Hours of operation: M-F daytime hours
- ZERO call
- 2 years of critical care (PACU/ICU) experience required
- ASC experience a plus!EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
- We provide first-class surgical services for local communities and recognize our employees as our number one assets. As a PACU nurse at our facility, you have the opportunity to enjoy no call, no weekends and no holidays. We focus on offering a high quality, ambulatory care alternative to a hospital for surgical procedures. Under the direct supervision of the Pre-Op/PACU manager, the PACU nurse is responsible for implementing all physician orders, providing for the continuity and quality of nursing care for all patients, with continual evaluation of the patients'' condition, providing patient safety, comfort, and privacy at all time. At times, assist the physicians in the procedure rooms with various tasks, conscious sedation and utilizing sterile technique as deemed appropriate. Responsible for providing total comprehensive patient care to patients emerging from general anesthesia and/or sedation. Responsible for assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation of the patient and family in preparation for discharge.Required Skills:
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- Current IN Registered Nurse License
- Current BLS, ACLS and PALS
- Experience in PACU / ICU required
- Good communication and human relations skills.
- Ability to organize and follow through on own initiative.
- Ability to master new skills.
- Thorough knowledge of all phases of perioperative process including knowledge of surgical procedures and anesthesia implications.
- Current nursing assessment and patient care skills.
- Telemetry experience necessary
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- Current license to practice nursing
- CPR certified. ACLS certification is required within 6 months of employment if not currently certified.
- Critical Care or PACU experience preferred.
- Intermittent physical mobility/activity including walking, standing, sitting. Light lifting, pulling and pushing of carts, equipment, ect. Must be able to bend body downward at the waist, be able to kneel.
The above statements reflect the general outline considered necessary to describe the principle functions of this job. It shall not be construed as a detailed description of all work requirements of the position.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.