Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) Per Diem South Florida Surgery Center
South Florida Surgery Center is now hiring a seasoned EMT to join our growing team. If you're hard-working and dedicated, our Center is an excellent place for you. We are looking for an Emergency medical technicians (EMTs) to deliver patient care and support in an ambulatory surgery center setting. This generally includes helping our Registered Nurses in assessing the patient, starting IV’s, and any other needed tasks. EMTs also help with transporting patients safely throughout the surgery center and with discharge. The ideal candidate should be at least 18 years old, have a high school diploma or equivalent, be CPR and BLS certified, and have an EMT certification
- Maintain patient confidentiality and perform all care with respect for patient rights
- Transport patients in accordance with outlined policies and procedures
- Provide basic life support and gather patient data
- Maintain a safe, clean, and well-stocked environment for patients with appropriate medical supplies and equipment. Change linen as necessary.
- Obtain and document a patient’s vital signs, as well as assist with placement of oxygen saturation, blood pressure monitoring and cardiac monitoring.
- Start IV’s.
- Measuring and fitting canes and crutches and teaching patients how to use them.
- Making sure that the correct documentation is filled out prior to discharge.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required
- Current EMT certification/license in the State of Florida
- Current CPR/BLS certification
- 1 year of experience in an hospital and/or ambulatory care setting preferred.
- Ability to bend, pull, push, and lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions
- Ability to exercise sound judgment while working in a stressful environment
- Ability to work closely with colleagues, communicate effectively and coordinate activities in fast-paced ambulatory surgery setting
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.