Texas Surgical Center is an outpatient surgical center managed by United Surgical Partners International (USPI). We provide first-class surgical services for our local West Texas communities and recognize our employees as our number one assets. Under the general supervision of the Business Office Manager, the Scheduling Coordinator is responsible for daily maintenance of the surgery schedule and all aspects of the scheduling process. This includes strategizing, problem solving and attention to detail as well as providing high level customer service to all individuals involved in the surgical experience. Effective communication is a must. This is a high profile position that is key to the success of the surgery center. Candidate will enjoy positive interaction with patients, physician offices and the clinical staff while ensuring patient and physician satisfaction by providing a smooth daily schedule as well as cross training to all aspects of the business office to attain a full understanding of the outpatient surgical setting.
Successful candidate will possess outstanding leadership, communication and customer service skills as well as the ability to diffuse difficult scheduling conflicts efficiently with effective planning and strategizing. Attention to detail and a sense of responsibility to the patient as well as the team at the facility to ensure the surgery schedule is accurate and all appropriate parties have been notified to ensure supplies and staffing are available for scheduled cases. Successful candidate must be able to work well in a team environment while also possessing the ability to function at a high level independently to ensure accuracy of the surgical schedule.
Job Summary: Schedules all surgical procedures for all credentialed physicians and is responsible for accuracy of the surgery schedule. Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Maintains master schedule to ensure coordination between surgeons, anesthesia providers, facility clinical staff, vendors and insurance carriers.
- Scheduling completed in a timely manner, ensuring accuracy of information received and entered for each patient.
- Verifies information being entered into system is correct, i.e. correct spelling, DOB, gender, insurance information, etc.
- Coordinate with materials manager and clinical director to ensure supplies and staffing are available for "add-on" procedures and communicates any schedule changes to appropriate team members.
- Promotes positive relationships with scheduling coordinators, physicians and clinical staff members throughout the scheduling process.
- Gathers all detailed information for the patient's chart, such as type of procedure, supplies, special equipment required, insurance information, etc. Enters all patient information in computer system.
- Ensures all required documentation is provided by physicians' offices and available in patient's chart for day of surgery.
- Schedules all surgical anesthesia services required according to doctor preference and availability.
- Assures that pre-certification/referrals are in order for Insurance Coordinator.
- Confers with Clinical Director and/or Administrator to determine status of scheduled surgeries. Alters schedules to meet unforeseen conditions.
- Works closely with the Administrator and CSO Credentialing person when maintaining approved privileges for each physician or as documents are updated, etc.
- Builds relationships with current and new physicians by resolving issues, communicating effectively and efficiently managing patients to ensure excellent surgical experience.
- Provides relief for the front business office, Receptionist and all other business functions, as needed.
- Crossed trained to fill in and effectively perform all other job descriptions
- Interacts appropriately and effectively with all patient/others regardless of age or ethnic background.
- Promotes Every Day Giving Excellence "EDGE" within the facility by ensuring high quality clinical care, including scheduling the correct procedure, correct site and availability of surgical supplies and implants every time.
- Initiates safe practices and is knowledgeable about current center policies and procedures. Specific procedures and practices related to pain management, abuse and neglect, sentinel events and response, variance reporting, response to sentinel event alerts, participation in root cause analysis and other key policies and procedures is required.
- Assists with environmental hazard and infection control surveillance participate in emergency preparedness drills.
- Follows all equipment safety guidelines and is personally responsible for knowledgeable use and care for all business equipment.
Qualification Requirements: To perform this job successfully, and individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactory. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and experience:High School education and/or equivalent; at least one year of related experience in hospital or medical office environment. Experience in surgical setting preferred. Within the first 90 days of employment and annual thereafter, must complete EDGE (Every Day Giving Excellence) training and be able to recite program objectives, key requirement, process steps and goals as outline below.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.