Medical Assistant - PT
Providence Holy Cross Surgery Center at Mission Hills is seeking a motivated Part-time Medical Assistant.
Medical assistants perform routine administrative and clinical tasks to keep the offices of physicians and other health practitioners running smoothly. A professional in this role manages both clerical and administrative duties within our surgical center.
Administrative duties include: answering telephones, greeting patients, updating and filing patients' medical records, filling out insurance forms, handling correspondence, scheduling appointments, arranging for hospital admission and laboratory services, and handling billing and bookkeeping.
Clinical duties vary according to state law and include: taking medical histories and recording vital signs, explaining treatment procedures to patients, preparing patients for examination, and assisting the physician during the examination.
- High school diploma or GED required
- Medical Assistant or Certified Nurse Assistant or Patient Care Tech equivalent clinical training strongly preferred
- BLS required
- At least 1 year experience strongly preferred
- Knowledge of commonly used medical record forms
- Proficient computer knowledge and office skills
- Ability to perform routine invasive procedures, such as venipuncture and EKG in accordance with established clinical protocol
- Knowledge of safe, quality patient care and infection control standards
Providence Holy Cross Surgery Center at Mission Hills complies with federal, state, and/or local laws regarding mandatory vaccination of its workforce. If you are offered this position and must be vaccinated under any applicable law, you will be required to show proof of full vaccination or obtain an approval of a religious or medical exemption prior to your start date. If you receive an exemption from the vaccination requirement, you will be required to submit to regular testing in accordance with the law.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.