RN PreOp PACU PRN New Salem SC
We are seeking a PRN Pre-Op / PACU Registered Nurse to add to our brand new Ambulatory Surgery Center in Murfreesboro, TN!
- Enjoy weekends off!
- M-F daytime hours (varying)
- ZERO call
- ASC experience is a plus!
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND EXPERIENCE
- We provide first-class surgical services for local communities and recognize our employees as our number one assets.
- As a PACU nurse at our facility, you have the opportunity to enjoy no calls, no weekends, and no holidays.
- We focus on offering a high-quality, ambulatory care alternative to a hospital for surgical procedures.
- Under the direct supervision of the Pre-Op/PACU manager, the PACU nurse is responsible for implementing all physician orders, providing for the continuity and quality of nursing care for all patients, with continual evaluation of the patients'' condition, providing patient safety, comfort, and privacy at all time.
- At times, assist the physicians in the procedure rooms with various tasks utilizing sterile techniques as deemed appropriate.
- Responsible for providing total comprehensive patient care to patients emerging from general anesthesia and/or sedation.
- Responsible for assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation of the patient and family in preparation for discharge.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- Current TN Registered Nurse License
- Current BLS, ACLS, and PALS
- Experience in PACU / ICU preferred
- Good communication and human relations skills.
- Ability to organize and follow through on own initiative.
- Ability to master new skills.
- Thorough knowledge of all phases of the perioperative process including knowledge of surgical procedures and anesthesia implications.
- Current nursing assessment and patient care skills.
- Telemetry experience necessary
- Intermittent physical mobility/activity including walking, standing and sitting. Light lifting, pulling and pushing of carts, equipment, etc.
- Must be able to bend body downward at the waist, be able to kneel.
USPI complies with federal, state, and/or local laws regarding mandatory vaccination of its workforce. If you are offered this position and must be vaccinated under any applicable law, you will be required to show proof of full vaccination or obtain an approval of a religious or medical exemption prior to your start date. If you receive an exemption from the vaccination requirement, you will be required to submit to regular testing in accordance with the law.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.